Garden centre’s in-store restaurant beats Harrods to top national design award
A GARDEN centre has beaten Harrods to win a top national design award for its in-store restaurant.
The Van Hage Garden Centre’s eatery at Peterborough Garden Park pipped two Harrods in-store restaurants, Caffe Florian and Frescobaldi, to collect the coveted Retail Week Interiors’ Award for the Best In-Store Restaurant of the Year.
The 50,000 sq ft garden centre, designed by Southampton firm HPW, features a Himalayan coffee bar with a central stone cairn and a cloud of prayer flags.
The restaurant creates atmosphere with growing bamboo screens and mobiles of autumn leaved branches.
Gary Wilburn, HPW director, said: “This is the best recognition we could get for our work offering innovative, simple, attractive and affordable design.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a passion for the environment and have show how we can minimise impact while creating a successful business. We are delighted to have had our work recognised in this way.”
The garden centre was also highly commended in the Best Edge-of-Town/Out-of-Town Store award category.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed