Garden centre’s in-store restaurant beats Harrods to top national design award
A GARDEN centre has beaten Harrods to win a top national design award for its in-store restaurant.
The Van Hage Garden Centre’s eatery at Peterborough Garden Park pipped two Harrods in-store restaurants, Caffe Florian and Frescobaldi, to collect the coveted Retail Week Interiors’ Award for the Best In-Store Restaurant of the Year.
The 50,000 sq ft garden centre, designed by Southampton firm HPW, features a Himalayan coffee bar with a central stone cairn and a cloud of prayer flags.
The restaurant creates atmosphere with growing bamboo screens and mobiles of autumn leaved branches.
Gary Wilburn, HPW director, said: “This is the best recognition we could get for our work offering innovative, simple, attractive and affordable design.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a passion for the environment and have show how we can minimise impact while creating a successful business. We are delighted to have had our work recognised in this way.”
The garden centre was also highly commended in the Best Edge-of-Town/Out-of-Town Store award category.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years