Harvey MacIntyre says his company will be ‘in safe hands’ after agreement to sell Felixstowe business to Turners of Soham
- Credit: Archant
Turners of Soham has acquired Felixstowe based MacIntyre Transport Ltd, a privately owned container transport company begun 15 years ago by Harvey MacIntyre who will now retire.
Turners has been expanding its container division over the past five years and says it views the acquisition of the £20 million a year turnover container company is “an excellent opportunity to continue its growth in the container industry”.
Macintyre, that two years ago reported a 26 per cent profits rise on the back of extending the working life of its vehicles, will remain as a stand-alone business headed by its directors, Paul Miller and Mike West.
The founder and owner, Harvey Macintyre, will retire from the business.
Mr Harvey said: ‘’Macintyre Transport, its customers and its people are extremely important to me. I am delighted to have found a buyer with the same values who I know will take the business forward for the long term benefit of all.
You may also want to watch:
“It is in safe hands’’.
Paul Day, Turner, managing director of Turners, said: “I’m pleased to have had the opportunity to purchase such a well-managed business. “It is highly focused on its customers and has an extremely able and loyal workforce. Turners will do everything it can to retain this ethos within Macintyre and we hope to add to the business using our expertise and commitment to assist its future developments.”
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
The Turners Group will now have significant presence in the container industry operating 400 vehicles from the major Ports of Felixstowe, Tilbury, Gateway and Southampton as well as from the Railhead Terminals at Selby, Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham
Mr MacIntyre formed his own company in 2000. He had worked previously for two of the largest companies in the container transport sector but decided that the time had come to put his expertise into practice and venture out on his own.
Over the past 10 years MacIntyre Transport Ltd has grown organically into a national container transport company.
MacIntyre Transport Ltd covers in excess of 350 container moves on a daily basis from strategic hubs in the UK using a fleet of modern 44T vehicles.