Have your say on Upwell Post Office proposed move
- Credit: Archant
Services of a village post office could be moved to a different location which would offer longer opening hours seven days a week.
Post Office has now launched a public consultation into the proposed relocation of its branch in Upwell, near Wisbech.
Under the proposals, the Upwell Post Office could be moved to more modern facility at the nearby G & B Superstore Ltd.
The Post Office says the move will provide:-
- A modern open-plan environment.
You may also want to watch:
- An extra 70 hours of Post Office services per week.
- All day opening at weekends for customers.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
It is not yet known whether the Upwell Post Office would close if the move was set to take place.
Will Russell, Regional Manager said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in the Upwell area and we are confident this new modern Post Office service will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.”
Customers and interested parties provide their comments on the proposed move before 3 March 2015.
Submissions can be made by Freepost YOUR COMMENTS to Post Office Ltd, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the customer helpline on 08457 223344.
Customers can also share their views online at postofficeviews.co.uk using the branch code 351230.
What do you think of the proposals to relocate post office services in Upwell? Email: email@example.com