Have your say on Upwell Post Office proposed move
- Credit: Archant
Services of a village post office could be moved to a different location which would offer longer opening hours seven days a week.
Post Office has now launched a public consultation into the proposed relocation of its branch in Upwell, near Wisbech.
Under the proposals, the Upwell Post Office could be moved to more modern facility at the nearby G & B Superstore Ltd.
The Post Office says the move will provide:-
- A modern open-plan environment.
- An extra 70 hours of Post Office services per week.
- All day opening at weekends for customers.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
It is not yet known whether the Upwell Post Office would close if the move was set to take place.
Will Russell, Regional Manager said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in the Upwell area and we are confident this new modern Post Office service will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.”
Customers and interested parties provide their comments on the proposed move before 3 March 2015.
Submissions can be made by Freepost YOUR COMMENTS to Post Office Ltd, email email@example.com, or via the customer helpline on 08457 223344.
Customers can also share their views online at postofficeviews.co.uk using the branch code 351230.
What do you think of the proposals to relocate post office services in Upwell? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org