Have your say on Upwell Post Office proposed move
- Credit: Archant
Services of a village post office could be moved to a different location which would offer longer opening hours seven days a week.
Post Office has now launched a public consultation into the proposed relocation of its branch in Upwell, near Wisbech.
Under the proposals, the Upwell Post Office could be moved to more modern facility at the nearby G & B Superstore Ltd.
The Post Office says the move will provide:-
- A modern open-plan environment.
You may also want to watch:
- An extra 70 hours of Post Office services per week.
- All day opening at weekends for customers.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
It is not yet known whether the Upwell Post Office would close if the move was set to take place.
Will Russell, Regional Manager said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in the Upwell area and we are confident this new modern Post Office service will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.”
Customers and interested parties provide their comments on the proposed move before 3 March 2015.
Submissions can be made by Freepost YOUR COMMENTS to Post Office Ltd, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the customer helpline on 08457 223344.
Customers can also share their views online at postofficeviews.co.uk using the branch code 351230.
What do you think of the proposals to relocate post office services in Upwell? Email: email@example.com