Heating firm doubles in size during bumper 2013
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham business Hutt Industrial Engineering enjoyed a bumper 2013, with unprecedented growth allowing it to create 10 new jobs.
By the end of 2012, the company employed seven people but, strong growth during 2013, as the economic recovery began to take hold, saw that number swell to 17 by January this year.
Entrepreneur James Hutt set up the business in Fen Ditton, near Cambridge, seven years ago along with his parents.
And after spending the first few years working all hours and building up a solid, sustainable business, James started employing staff and moved the business to Swaffham Bulbeck.
In 2013, James’ wife, Emily, left her London job and joined the family business as office manager, to run the day-to-day activities and help restructure the business during this period of rapid growth.
You may also want to watch:
A new Electrical division was set up and a director was taken on to head up the new expansion. The company now has a fleet of nine vehicles servicing the county and offers full heating, plumbing, electrical and associated services.
James said: “There certainly feels like an air of optimism out there and the level work is increasing. We of course have to be very competitive and offer top quality workmanship and service on everything we do, but we are fortunate and have built up a great team of talented individuals to help us achieve that.”
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary