High-tech business vows to create new jobs in Ely
A HIGH-TECH engineering company says it will create 85 jobs at its new refurbished headquarters in Ely.
Oil and Gas Ltd (OGS) has entered plans to East Cambridgeshire District Council to upgrade its Denmark House premises, in Angel Drove, to accommodate dozens of new staff and equipment.
The company designs and manufactures equipment for the oil and gas industry and has an expanding number of clients both in the UK and internationally.
In plans submitted to the district council, the company revealed: “It is planned to have around 130 permanent work spaces in Denmark House after the renovation, which means creation of 85 new jobs in Ely area; over 70 of which will be highly skilled professional engineers.
“Renovation on this site will also help to encourage future investment on adjacent and nearby plots.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of the plans, the company will build a new two-storey entrance way and will also expand the building to allow for new manufacturing, testing and research areas.
A decision on the plans is expected within the next 12 weeks. To have your say, or to view the plans, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million