High-tech business vows to create new jobs in Ely
A HIGH-TECH engineering company says it will create 85 jobs at its new refurbished headquarters in Ely.
Oil and Gas Ltd (OGS) has entered plans to East Cambridgeshire District Council to upgrade its Denmark House premises, in Angel Drove, to accommodate dozens of new staff and equipment.
The company designs and manufactures equipment for the oil and gas industry and has an expanding number of clients both in the UK and internationally.
In plans submitted to the district council, the company revealed: “It is planned to have around 130 permanent work spaces in Denmark House after the renovation, which means creation of 85 new jobs in Ely area; over 70 of which will be highly skilled professional engineers.
“Renovation on this site will also help to encourage future investment on adjacent and nearby plots.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of the plans, the company will build a new two-storey entrance way and will also expand the building to allow for new manufacturing, testing and research areas.
A decision on the plans is expected within the next 12 weeks. To have your say, or to view the plans, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title