Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- Credit: Hughes Electrical
Hughes Electrical says it will be business – as near normal as possible– from Monday when it re-opens its stores including those at Wisbech and Ely.
All of its stores will reopen at 9.00am on April 12, including those in the High Street, Ely and Horse Fair Shopping centre, Wisbech.
On entering customers will be required to use hand gel and wear a face mask, there will be social distance markers on the floor and display items will be regularly sanitised.
Chairman Robert Hughes said: “While our web, trade and rental divisions have been fully operational during lockdown, and some of our larger stores have been offering a ‘click & collect’ service it is a great boost for us to have all their doors open again - and for the staff to get back to work.
“We know just how important it is for our customers to be able to visit their local store, where they can gauge picture quality for example, or maybe see how effective a vacuum cleaner is first hand, while having the opportunity to have questions answered face to face.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to offer a delivery service, either to the doorstep or where necessary we will remove old equipment and install new while maintaining strict hygiene and distancing protocols.
“If anyone is wary about coming into a store they can telephone or continue to use our website.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 7 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 8 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
“Throughout the pandemic we have been proud to continue to serve and support all our local communities, including the NHS and local authorities – all due to the dedication and efforts of Hughes staff.”
ATTACHED PHOTO: Store manager, Louise Culyer and area manager Darren Clements getting ready to welcome back customers on 12 April.