Improved employment centre opens in Wisbech
A REVAMPED employment centre has doubled in size to help those out of a job in Wisbech to find work.
Unemployment rose 0.4 per cent in North East Cambridgeshire in the past year.
But now employment and training specialists Seetec have improved their facilities in the town to ensure the community has “the best facilities available to help them find employment”.
Visiting the new centre, North East Cambs MP Steve Barclay said: “This excellent facility will provide the best possible environment for members of our community seeking employment to access the resources they need.”
The new premises include an IT suite, dedicated training rooms and workshop areas.
You may also want to watch:
Seetec chief executive Jeremy Nutter added: “We operate a busy centre in Wisbech, with many customers travelling many miles.
“We want to do everything we can to ensure that our customers receive the best possible service, to help them find employment during these difficult times.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s