Improved employment centre opens in Wisbech
A REVAMPED employment centre has doubled in size to help those out of a job in Wisbech to find work.
Unemployment rose 0.4 per cent in North East Cambridgeshire in the past year.
But now employment and training specialists Seetec have improved their facilities in the town to ensure the community has “the best facilities available to help them find employment”.
Visiting the new centre, North East Cambs MP Steve Barclay said: “This excellent facility will provide the best possible environment for members of our community seeking employment to access the resources they need.”
The new premises include an IT suite, dedicated training rooms and workshop areas.
You may also want to watch:
Seetec chief executive Jeremy Nutter added: “We operate a busy centre in Wisbech, with many customers travelling many miles.
“We want to do everything we can to ensure that our customers receive the best possible service, to help them find employment during these difficult times.”
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'