Improved employment centre opens in Wisbech
A REVAMPED employment centre has doubled in size to help those out of a job in Wisbech to find work.
Unemployment rose 0.4 per cent in North East Cambridgeshire in the past year.
But now employment and training specialists Seetec have improved their facilities in the town to ensure the community has “the best facilities available to help them find employment”.
Visiting the new centre, North East Cambs MP Steve Barclay said: “This excellent facility will provide the best possible environment for members of our community seeking employment to access the resources they need.”
The new premises include an IT suite, dedicated training rooms and workshop areas.
You may also want to watch:
Seetec chief executive Jeremy Nutter added: “We operate a busy centre in Wisbech, with many customers travelling many miles.
“We want to do everything we can to ensure that our customers receive the best possible service, to help them find employment during these difficult times.”
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 6 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 7 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road