Inflatable theme park Inflata Nation appeals for donations to ‘survive’ coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
A new inflatable theme park could close as a result of the coronavirus pandemic and are asking members of the public for donations to “survive”.
Inflata Nation opened its doors in Peterborough earlier this year and created 35 jobs for the region, this could all come to an end after COVID-19 lockdown is over.
Due to only recently opening, the theme park does not qualify for the Government’s grant and business interruption schemes to help with finances.
A spokesman said: “We have launched a crowdfunding campaign to help survive this unprecedented time.
“We created over 35 new jobs and filled the PE1 retail park with excitement. However, the Covid-19 outbreak has had devastating consequences on our theme park and for all of our staff.”
The park is offering rewards to those who make donations, such as a one-month unlimited bounce pass for those who donate a minimum of £50.
The spokesman added: “Your rewards will provide security for all our 36 staff who are all passionate about the business and our customers.
- 1 Students in Cambridgeshire receive ‘fantastic’ A-level results
- 2 Head of sixth form at Sir Harry Smith ‘incredibly proud’ of students' A-level results
- 3 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 4 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 5 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 6 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 7 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 8 Local MPs in talks with Anglian Water over new reservoir
- 9 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 10 Ramsey fire-fighters refill Horse Pond with water to save fish
“Your rewards will help ensure essential bills are paid whilst being closed.
“Your support now will ensure that the community still benefits from family fun, fitness sessions, tots sessions and disability sessions.”
To donate and find out more about the rewards on offer, visit: www.crowdfunder.co.uk/support-inflata-nation-peterborough