Innovative Fenland beetroot company wins national manufacturer award
A BEETROOT company from Fenland has won a national award for it’s innovative ways of producing new flavours for the vegetables.
G’s Fresh Beetroot Ltd, a leader in the creation and production of cooked, flavour-marinated premium products since starting 10 years ago, won the Innovation and Design award at the Manufacturer of the Year Awards in Manchester on November 9.
The March-based firm produces its featured flavours Juniperberry and Black Pepper, Sweetfire� and Honey and Ginger to all the major supermarkets in the UK and in Europe. Last year the company launched a pickled product in plastic jars for Marks and Spencers. They also produce plain, ready cooked and vacuum packed beetroot for shops.
Graham Forber, managing director, said, “Our business has always been based on growth and innovation, and the award is a great recognition for the whole team.”
G’s Fresh Beetroot showed their increasing rate of innovation, interpreting and responding to market conditions and changing tastes met customer needs to win the award.
You may also want to watch:
They are now targeting the United States, launching a Love Beets brand which has seen a solid start being sold in premium food stores Wholefoods and Wegmans.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 8 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 9 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 10 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban