Innovative Fenland beetroot company wins national manufacturer award
A BEETROOT company from Fenland has won a national award for it’s innovative ways of producing new flavours for the vegetables.
G’s Fresh Beetroot Ltd, a leader in the creation and production of cooked, flavour-marinated premium products since starting 10 years ago, won the Innovation and Design award at the Manufacturer of the Year Awards in Manchester on November 9.
The March-based firm produces its featured flavours Juniperberry and Black Pepper, Sweetfire� and Honey and Ginger to all the major supermarkets in the UK and in Europe. Last year the company launched a pickled product in plastic jars for Marks and Spencers. They also produce plain, ready cooked and vacuum packed beetroot for shops.
Graham Forber, managing director, said, “Our business has always been based on growth and innovation, and the award is a great recognition for the whole team.”
G’s Fresh Beetroot showed their increasing rate of innovation, interpreting and responding to market conditions and changing tastes met customer needs to win the award.
You may also want to watch:
They are now targeting the United States, launching a Love Beets brand which has seen a solid start being sold in premium food stores Wholefoods and Wegmans.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 3 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Cash machine grabbed in East Cambs ram raid