It’s time to decide which town is the Pride of Fenland for being passionate about enterprise
- Credit: Archant
Today we launch our annual challenge to Fenland’s four market towns that will test every inch of their entrepreneurial spirit – and we need YOUR help.
We want to know which of the towns has, in the past 12 months, shown the greatest business, commercial, enterprise and innovative zeal.
At stake is the opportunity to become the Pride of Fenland champion, to be announced at this year’s Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard Fenland Enterprise Business Awards run in conjunction with Fenland District Council.
It is the fourth year we are running the Pride of Fenland competition – and Whittlesey has won the award the previous three years.
We will be looking for evidence of how the respective towns are shrugging off what seems a never-ending trend of turning to the internet for our goods, how well their Chambers of Commerce and Trade have promoted their town centres and evidence of collective business success.
We will be looking at town centre regeneration, town centre initiatives to stimulate trade and looking at how local organisations connected with business are doing in promoting what’s on offer.
This is a testing time for all local businesses – but which Fenland town is top when it comes to instilling real pride in Fenland?
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 6 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 7 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 10 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
That’s where we need your help. We want you to tell us why your town stands out above the rest – simply e-mail your nomination and comment to firstname.lastname@example.org
All of the nominations and comments will be forwarded to our award judges, who include sponsors and business leaders from across Cambridgeshire.
They will consider those comments, based on what they see and what they are told while out and about in Fenland later this summer, before picking a winner which will be announced at this year’s awards in October.