Just seven days left to enter 2011 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards
THERE is just one week left to join this year’s running for the most prestigious awards in Fenland enterprise.
Companies and entrepreneurs have entered the Fenland Enterprise Business Awards in their droves since this year’s competition opened in April.
However, there are now just SEVEN DAYS to complete your entries - and it couldn’t be easier to add your company, initiative, apprentice or director into the hat.
So we’re calling for retailers, business people, employers, women, apprentices and those with green credentials to make sure you don’t miss out on the chance to join us in celebrating Fenland’s finest.
The awards are run by the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard in association with Fenland District Council. Sponsors of this year’s awards include Local Generation, Whiting & Partners, Larkfleet Homes and NatWest.
Judging will take place next month and our expert panel will draw up a shortlist for each category.
The winners will then be announced at the glitzy awards night which will take place at the Braza in Elm Road, March, on Friday October 7.
- 1 Three March locals win £30k each on Postcode Lottery
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 4 Carnival lights up village as sports day marks 100 years
- 5 Police officer dismissed for breaching bail conditions
- 6 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 7 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 10 Man repeatedly stabbed nine-year-old boy in 'random attack'
There are 12 categories at this year’s awards, 11 of which are open to entry. Here is what the judges are looking for in each category:
• EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR - The business which demonstrates strongest commitment to staff and training. Proof of how employees benefit the business is essential.
• THE GREEN AWARD - Significant achievement in protecting or improving the environment, major contribution to communities, or both.
• BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR - The owner, manager or employee who has made an outstanding contribution to the success or survival of the company.
• WOMEN IN BUSINESS - Examples of business flair, leadership, skills and success must be demonstrated to win this award.
• NEW BUSINESS OF THE YEAR - Business plan to demonstrate the strength of business model and explanation of how it has been modified to reflect changed economic circumstances. Businesses must have been formed since January 1 2010.
• SMALL BUSINESS OF THE YEAR - Demonstrate growth in profit and turnover against plan, adaptations to changing market and expansion plans. Businesses must have 1-9 full-time employees.
• MEDIUM BUSINESS OF THE YEAR - The same criteria as Small Business of the Year, but open to companies with 10 or more full-time employees.
• RETAILER OF THE YEAR - A focus on sales performance and relationships between the business and the consumer.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE AWARD - Judges will test purchase businesses recommended for this award by readers, who can submit entries using the coupon on this page.
• YOUNG APPRENTICE AWARD - The apprentice who has exceeded expectations, enhanced your business, overcome obstacles and demonstrates high future aims.
• PRIDE OF FENLAND AWARD - The Fenland town which has shown the greatest business, commercial, enterprise and innovative zeal.
The winners of each category will be put forward for the coveted Business of the Year Award, won previously by Fenland Leisure Products of Christchurch and independent retailer James Graven & Sons based in Chatteris.
Entering couldn’t be more simple - just click the links at the top of this page. The link will take you to the relevant category page at www.fenlandbusinessawards.co.uk where you can fill out the online entry form in a matter of minutes.