Labour says children, young people and families will suffer from Budget
CHILDREN, young people and families are in line to bear the brunt of the measures announced in today’s Budget, Labour’s Peter Roberts has warned.
Responding to the Government’s Budget Peter Roberts, Labour’s Parliamentary candidate at the recent General Election said: “The decisions taken by the Tories and Lib Dems today show that hard working families are set to lose out under this government.
“The 20 per cent VAT rate means struggling parents will see family budgets stretched whilst freezing child benefit for three years will also hurt the poorest families most, rather than their richer peers.
“With the Child Trust Fund being abolished and child tax credits being cut many ordinary families will bear the brunt of this unfair budget.”
Mr Roberts added: “The saddest aspect of today’s budget announcement is that local Liberal Democrats have betrayed the people that voted for them at the last election. Many local people will remember the Lib Dem candidate’s opposition to a VAT rise at meetings held across North East Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
“The Lib Dems are now propping up a Tory Government that is attacking low income families, people’s jobs and economic growth.”
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled