Law firm named in list of highest achievers for national charity campaign
- Credit: Archant
A law firm in Peterborough has raised more than £5,000 for charity this year after taking part in a will-writing campaign.
Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar LLP got involved in the Will Aid scheme which asks solicitors to write wills for local people and ask only for a voluntary donation.
Solicitors have taken part in the annual month-long fundraiser raising £5,200.
Taking into account the other nine years the firm has taken part in Will Aid, their total raised to date is £37,880.
Their efforts in 2017 made them one of the top donating firms to take part in the scheme last year.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Gregory from the firm, said: “Our team has thoroughly enjoyed participating in Will Aid and have worked very hard.
“We are happy to donate our time towards Will Aid. It is a great way of generating a link with new clients.”
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 7 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
Pam Richardson from Christian Aid paid the firm a visit today to present them with a certificate to thank them for their achievement.
Lawyers wrote dozens of wills during November last year, generously giving their time for free for the whole month.