Law firm named in list of highest achievers for national charity campaign
- Credit: Archant
A law firm in Peterborough has raised more than £5,000 for charity this year after taking part in a will-writing campaign.
Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar LLP got involved in the Will Aid scheme which asks solicitors to write wills for local people and ask only for a voluntary donation.
Solicitors have taken part in the annual month-long fundraiser raising £5,200.
Taking into account the other nine years the firm has taken part in Will Aid, their total raised to date is £37,880.
Their efforts in 2017 made them one of the top donating firms to take part in the scheme last year.
Sarah Gregory from the firm, said: “Our team has thoroughly enjoyed participating in Will Aid and have worked very hard.
“We are happy to donate our time towards Will Aid. It is a great way of generating a link with new clients.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 9 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 10 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
Pam Richardson from Christian Aid paid the firm a visit today to present them with a certificate to thank them for their achievement.
Lawyers wrote dozens of wills during November last year, generously giving their time for free for the whole month.