Law firm named in list of highest achievers for national charity campaign
- Credit: Archant
A law firm in Peterborough has raised more than £5,000 for charity this year after taking part in a will-writing campaign.
Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar LLP got involved in the Will Aid scheme which asks solicitors to write wills for local people and ask only for a voluntary donation.
Solicitors have taken part in the annual month-long fundraiser raising £5,200.
Taking into account the other nine years the firm has taken part in Will Aid, their total raised to date is £37,880.
Their efforts in 2017 made them one of the top donating firms to take part in the scheme last year.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Gregory from the firm, said: “Our team has thoroughly enjoyed participating in Will Aid and have worked very hard.
“We are happy to donate our time towards Will Aid. It is a great way of generating a link with new clients.”
- 1 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
Pam Richardson from Christian Aid paid the firm a visit today to present them with a certificate to thank them for their achievement.
Lawyers wrote dozens of wills during November last year, generously giving their time for free for the whole month.