Leverington businesswoman’s hand-made Christmas cards flying off the shelf
A WOMAN has already sold double the Christmas cards she had by this time last year as her business continues to go from strength to strength.
Sue Wright, who runs Wright Cards in Leverington, completed her second year of ‘preview sale week’ for regular customers who between them have already bought 572 cards.
The hand-made card and calendar designer said orders “were still coming in”, even though early demand for her creations had reached record levels.
She said: “I’m having a really good year so far with customers coming back and therefore becoming regular customers - which is very positive indeed.
“Both of my calendars, ‘A Year in the Countryside’ and ‘Excellent Days Out’ are A4 in size with space to write on each day, but can be done in A3 as a special order.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m holding my own craft fair at United Reformed Church in Wisbech in November and organising this - as well as doing my cards and calendars - is keeping my very busy.”
All 12 pictures on both calendars were taken by Wright Cards which has taken orders from customers in USA and Australia in the past 12 months.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 8 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
Ms Wright’s craft fair in Wisbech’s Castle Square will take place on November 26 from 9.30am-1pm.
Seven different tables will be present at the event which will also include tea, coffees, a raffle and a cake stall.