Leverington businesswoman’s hand-made Christmas cards flying off the shelf
A WOMAN has already sold double the Christmas cards she had by this time last year as her business continues to go from strength to strength.
Sue Wright, who runs Wright Cards in Leverington, completed her second year of ‘preview sale week’ for regular customers who between them have already bought 572 cards.
The hand-made card and calendar designer said orders “were still coming in”, even though early demand for her creations had reached record levels.
She said: “I’m having a really good year so far with customers coming back and therefore becoming regular customers - which is very positive indeed.
“Both of my calendars, ‘A Year in the Countryside’ and ‘Excellent Days Out’ are A4 in size with space to write on each day, but can be done in A3 as a special order.
“I’m holding my own craft fair at United Reformed Church in Wisbech in November and organising this - as well as doing my cards and calendars - is keeping my very busy.”
All 12 pictures on both calendars were taken by Wright Cards which has taken orders from customers in USA and Australia in the past 12 months.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
Ms Wright’s craft fair in Wisbech’s Castle Square will take place on November 26 from 9.30am-1pm.
Seven different tables will be present at the event which will also include tea, coffees, a raffle and a cake stall.