Leverington businesswoman’s hand-made Christmas cards flying off the shelf
A WOMAN has already sold double the Christmas cards she had by this time last year as her business continues to go from strength to strength.
Sue Wright, who runs Wright Cards in Leverington, completed her second year of ‘preview sale week’ for regular customers who between them have already bought 572 cards.
The hand-made card and calendar designer said orders “were still coming in”, even though early demand for her creations had reached record levels.
She said: “I’m having a really good year so far with customers coming back and therefore becoming regular customers - which is very positive indeed.
“Both of my calendars, ‘A Year in the Countryside’ and ‘Excellent Days Out’ are A4 in size with space to write on each day, but can be done in A3 as a special order.
“I’m holding my own craft fair at United Reformed Church in Wisbech in November and organising this - as well as doing my cards and calendars - is keeping my very busy.”
All 12 pictures on both calendars were taken by Wright Cards which has taken orders from customers in USA and Australia in the past 12 months.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
Ms Wright’s craft fair in Wisbech’s Castle Square will take place on November 26 from 9.30am-1pm.
Seven different tables will be present at the event which will also include tea, coffees, a raffle and a cake stall.