Life begins at 40 says Anglia Components President
ANGLIA Components of Wisbech - which distributes electronic components - celebrated its 40th anniversary with more than 100 suppliers, staff and industry guests.
Bill Ingram, currently the company’s president, founded the business in his home in 1972.
Today, Anglia employs more than 150 people, supporting a strong line card of franchises including Analog Devices and ST, two of the world’s top three analog semiconductor manufacturers.
Anglia has also formed a series of market focussed business units: Anglia Lighting in 2007, Anglia HiRel in 2010, and Anglia Embedded which recently added Advantech, a world leading supplier of single board computers (SBCs).
Steve Rawlins took over as CEO in 2006, and now manages the operation on a day to day basis.
You may also want to watch:
In a speech at the celebration, Bill Ingram said, “I am as excited about Anglia’s prospects today as I was 40 years ago when I formed the business.
“Anglia’s business has grown by 40% over the last five years, posting consistently strong year on year growth despite the ups and downs of the market. We’ve a great track record of growing quicker than the industry – something that we are continuing to maintain under Steve’s leadership. It is the outstanding team that gives Anglia its future.”
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
He concluded, “Anglia is a great place to work and a great company to deal with as a supplier and a customer, and that is something that won’t change. I would like to thank everybody involved over the years for creating the business we see today and for reaching the 40th milestone. Well done.”
Anglia Components is the UK’s leading independent authorised distributor of semiconductors, optoelectronics, interconnect, and passive and electromechanical components.
Anglia stocks more than 700 million components from 500,000 product lines in the UK. Components from every supplier are stocked in depth and breadth for same-day dispatch.