Kings of the high street - and they hope a cut above the rest
- Credit: Archant
Kings Barbers offer a range of services, from fading eyebrows and hot wax to clean shaves, since they opened for business in July.
Since replacing Marshalls, which closed earlier this year, the Turkish barbers has all the tools in place in a bid to compete with their rivals.
Customers can feel like royalty when they walk along a miniature red carpet on arrival, and with a young, ambitious leader, they hope their clientele can continue to build.
“It’s important to be visible in the town for the business,” Salih Solak, manager of Kings Barbers, said.
Placed on Broad Street, Salih hopes the prime location can be a selling point for future customers, with some travelling from outside of Cambridgeshire for their services.
You may also want to watch:
“The competition is doing a good service, but we are on the high street and everyone can see it,” he said.
“We have different customers coming in, some from as far as Norwich.”
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Letter: March Summer Festival cancelled for second year
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road