Kings of the high street - and they hope a cut above the rest
- Credit: Archant
Kings Barbers offer a range of services, from fading eyebrows and hot wax to clean shaves, since they opened for business in July.
Since replacing Marshalls, which closed earlier this year, the Turkish barbers has all the tools in place in a bid to compete with their rivals.
Customers can feel like royalty when they walk along a miniature red carpet on arrival, and with a young, ambitious leader, they hope their clientele can continue to build.
“It’s important to be visible in the town for the business,” Salih Solak, manager of Kings Barbers, said.
Placed on Broad Street, Salih hopes the prime location can be a selling point for future customers, with some travelling from outside of Cambridgeshire for their services.
You may also want to watch:
“The competition is doing a good service, but we are on the high street and everyone can see it,” he said.
“We have different customers coming in, some from as far as Norwich.”
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement