March based company launches innovative virtual cigarettes
- Credit: Archant
A MARCH based technology company has created a “virtual cigarette” which they claim offers a more authentic and less harmful smoking experience.
Following several years of research and development, BioProgress Technology Ltd (BTL), located at Hostmoor Avenue, has launched a range of cigarette alternative products designed to meet the growing demands of smokers looking for healthier ways of obtaining nicotine.
BTL’s first product is a unique soft filter disposable virtual e-cigarette which provides a realistic experience for cigarette smokers without the tar, ash, carbon monoxide and tobacco smell associated with normal cigarettes.
Keith Hemming, BTL’s sales and marketing director, said: “Smokers complain that the virtual e-cigarettes currently on the market do not feel like normal cigarettes when they put them in their mouth.
“This is why we launched a soft filter e-cigarette which feels more like a normal cigarette.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a high quality product with pharmaceutical grade nicotine which has completed all the required safety standard checks.”
There are more than 10 million tobacco smokers and 600,000 regular e-cigarette smokers in the UK.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
Virtual e-cigarettes have been endorsed by The UK Centre for Tobacco Control Studies.
A spokesman said: “Some smokers find it very difficult to quit, despite a lot of effort. For these people, who may have tried several times to stop, alternative forms of nicotine without the major health risks of smoked tobacco may be a more positive option than continuing to use smoked tobacco.”
The VC virtual e-cigarettes brand will consist of a range of nicotine containing products including a fast dissolving edible film and lozenge.
Mr Hemming is excited about the potential of BTL’s virtual e-cigarette to make an impact in a rapidly growing market.
He said: “The e-cigarette market is estimated to be worth £60 million and is continually growing. With our range of products, we hope to take a major share of that.
“These truly are exciting times.”
The virtual e-cigarettes are available from www.virtualcigarettes.co.uk.