March business’ ‘Green Team’ sign up to Street Pride initiative
A MARCH business has become the latest member of the Street Pride group - with their ‘Green Team’ of volunteers determined to lend a hand to keep the town tidy.
Staff at Commerical Utility Brokers (CUB) will take time out of their working hours once a month to join in with the Fenland District Council-run project to enhance neglected areas.
Councillor Peter Murphy, FDC’s portfolio holder for the environment, said: “The Green Team is a brilliant example of how a local business can take positive steps towards improving its overall environmental performance.
“CUB has been an active member of the Green Business Club since 2009 and this year received gold certification for not only reducing its own use of energy but offering support to other local companies.
“It is inspiring to see how the company is now looking beyond its own business activities to discover new opportunities to continue making a difference that will benefit the whole community.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining Street Pride should e-mail Jeanette Milner at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to become a free member of the Green Business Club, call the Environmental Projects Team at Fenland District Council on 01354 654321 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 3 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 7 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash