March chippy takes over Fenland village fish bar - and claim a FREE sausage or fishcake with our in-paper coupon
- Credit: Archant
A Portuguese businessman who has revived a fish and chip shop in March has expanded by taking over a second shop.
Jorge Cunha, who has run Riverside Fish and Chips in March for the past 19 months, has set up Perry Fish Bar in Perry Road, Leverington.
The Leverington branch, which will create two jobs, will follow March’s lead with a delivery service coming soon.
Mr Cunha said: “It has been challenging running the business in March but we have put in a big effort and turned it around. Setting up another branch in Leverington seems a good way to grow the business.”
Mr Cunha moved to Fenland from Portugal 13 years ago. Before he took over Riverside Fish and Chips, he worked at a fish and chip shop in Ramsey.
You may also want to watch:
Now, he wants to expand the business step-by-step so he can one day pass it on to his daughter.
He said: “I love it here, It is a very different culture to Portugal but I love talking to the customers.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 7 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
“My plan is to keep growing the business. Hopefully in 18 to 24 months I will be in the position to set up another shop and, one day, I will be able to leave the business to my daughter.”
? To celebrate Mr Cunha’s takeover of Perry Fish Bar, readers can claim a free sausage or fishcake when they order a portion of chips and a children’s drink.
The same offer is available at Riverside Fish and Chips, but on deliveries only (minimum delivery value of order is £9.99).
The ONLY way to claim this offer is by making sure you don’t miss the January 31 edition of the Cambs Times or Wisbech Standard and using our coupon.