March chippy takes over Fenland village fish bar - and claim a FREE sausage or fishcake with our in-paper coupon
- Credit: Archant
A Portuguese businessman who has revived a fish and chip shop in March has expanded by taking over a second shop.
Jorge Cunha, who has run Riverside Fish and Chips in March for the past 19 months, has set up Perry Fish Bar in Perry Road, Leverington.
The Leverington branch, which will create two jobs, will follow March’s lead with a delivery service coming soon.
Mr Cunha said: “It has been challenging running the business in March but we have put in a big effort and turned it around. Setting up another branch in Leverington seems a good way to grow the business.”
Mr Cunha moved to Fenland from Portugal 13 years ago. Before he took over Riverside Fish and Chips, he worked at a fish and chip shop in Ramsey.
You may also want to watch:
Now, he wants to expand the business step-by-step so he can one day pass it on to his daughter.
He said: “I love it here, It is a very different culture to Portugal but I love talking to the customers.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 6 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
“My plan is to keep growing the business. Hopefully in 18 to 24 months I will be in the position to set up another shop and, one day, I will be able to leave the business to my daughter.”
? To celebrate Mr Cunha’s takeover of Perry Fish Bar, readers can claim a free sausage or fishcake when they order a portion of chips and a children’s drink.
The same offer is available at Riverside Fish and Chips, but on deliveries only (minimum delivery value of order is £9.99).
The ONLY way to claim this offer is by making sure you don’t miss the January 31 edition of the Cambs Times or Wisbech Standard and using our coupon.