March chippy takes over Fenland village fish bar - and claim a FREE sausage or fishcake with our in-paper coupon
- Credit: Archant
A Portuguese businessman who has revived a fish and chip shop in March has expanded by taking over a second shop.
Jorge Cunha, who has run Riverside Fish and Chips in March for the past 19 months, has set up Perry Fish Bar in Perry Road, Leverington.
The Leverington branch, which will create two jobs, will follow March’s lead with a delivery service coming soon.
Mr Cunha said: “It has been challenging running the business in March but we have put in a big effort and turned it around. Setting up another branch in Leverington seems a good way to grow the business.”
Mr Cunha moved to Fenland from Portugal 13 years ago. Before he took over Riverside Fish and Chips, he worked at a fish and chip shop in Ramsey.
You may also want to watch:
Now, he wants to expand the business step-by-step so he can one day pass it on to his daughter.
He said: “I love it here, It is a very different culture to Portugal but I love talking to the customers.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
“My plan is to keep growing the business. Hopefully in 18 to 24 months I will be in the position to set up another shop and, one day, I will be able to leave the business to my daughter.”
? To celebrate Mr Cunha’s takeover of Perry Fish Bar, readers can claim a free sausage or fishcake when they order a portion of chips and a children’s drink.
The same offer is available at Riverside Fish and Chips, but on deliveries only (minimum delivery value of order is £9.99).
The ONLY way to claim this offer is by making sure you don’t miss the January 31 edition of the Cambs Times or Wisbech Standard and using our coupon.