March chippy takes over Fenland village fish bar - and claim a FREE sausage or fishcake with our in-paper coupon
- Credit: Archant
A Portuguese businessman who has revived a fish and chip shop in March has expanded by taking over a second shop.
Jorge Cunha, who has run Riverside Fish and Chips in March for the past 19 months, has set up Perry Fish Bar in Perry Road, Leverington.
The Leverington branch, which will create two jobs, will follow March’s lead with a delivery service coming soon.
Mr Cunha said: “It has been challenging running the business in March but we have put in a big effort and turned it around. Setting up another branch in Leverington seems a good way to grow the business.”
Mr Cunha moved to Fenland from Portugal 13 years ago. Before he took over Riverside Fish and Chips, he worked at a fish and chip shop in Ramsey.
Now, he wants to expand the business step-by-step so he can one day pass it on to his daughter.
He said: “I love it here, It is a very different culture to Portugal but I love talking to the customers.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
“My plan is to keep growing the business. Hopefully in 18 to 24 months I will be in the position to set up another shop and, one day, I will be able to leave the business to my daughter.”
? To celebrate Mr Cunha’s takeover of Perry Fish Bar, readers can claim a free sausage or fishcake when they order a portion of chips and a children’s drink.
The same offer is available at Riverside Fish and Chips, but on deliveries only (minimum delivery value of order is £9.99).
The ONLY way to claim this offer is by making sure you don’t miss the January 31 edition of the Cambs Times or Wisbech Standard and using our coupon.