March company puts faith in apprentices to drive business forward
- Credit: Archant
MARCH company CUB UK Ltd is leading the way in giving young people an opportunity to establish themselves in the world of work.
One third of energy consultancy’s 30-strong workforce are apprentices.
The company has been run by three generations of the Fairfax family.
Managing director Louis Fairfax said: “As a family business, we’re aware of the importance of introducing fresh ideas and new blood.
“And as a successful business we’re also aware that it’s right to share new opportunities with our local community.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re quite serious about the potential that the apprentices represent for us, and our aim is that each placement should turn into a full-time career, forming the foundation of the next generation of the business.”
CUB UK Ltd has won awards for its training and community involvement programmes and has Investor in People Status.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 10 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
Each CUB apprentice receives the minimum wage during their placement and is mentored by the more experienced workers.
Jacqui Fairfax, chairman, said, “Because our young apprentices mostly come straight from school, we have the opportunity to instil our core values of honesty, transparency and trust in business right from the start, and this will stand them in good stead even if they choose to move on in the fullness of time.”