March company puts faith in apprentices to drive business forward
- Credit: Archant
MARCH company CUB UK Ltd is leading the way in giving young people an opportunity to establish themselves in the world of work.
One third of energy consultancy’s 30-strong workforce are apprentices.
The company has been run by three generations of the Fairfax family.
Managing director Louis Fairfax said: “As a family business, we’re aware of the importance of introducing fresh ideas and new blood.
“And as a successful business we’re also aware that it’s right to share new opportunities with our local community.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re quite serious about the potential that the apprentices represent for us, and our aim is that each placement should turn into a full-time career, forming the foundation of the next generation of the business.”
CUB UK Ltd has won awards for its training and community involvement programmes and has Investor in People Status.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Each CUB apprentice receives the minimum wage during their placement and is mentored by the more experienced workers.
Jacqui Fairfax, chairman, said, “Because our young apprentices mostly come straight from school, we have the opportunity to instil our core values of honesty, transparency and trust in business right from the start, and this will stand them in good stead even if they choose to move on in the fullness of time.”