March company wins top award for leading the way in staff training
A COMPANY from March were named as one of the best in the country for training their employees when they triumphed at the East of England National Training Awards.
Commercial Utility Brokers (CUB) Ltd’s entry “Empowering Staff Through Training” earned them a “UK Winner” award in the small business category, and they will now progress to compete against companies from across the UK for the national title.
The ceremony, held at Chilford Hall, Cambridge, celebrated businesses and individuals who had achieved outstanding success through training, learning and development in the workplace.
Jacqueline Fairfax, Managing Director at CUB, said: “It’s amazing. We worked really hard on our training schemes and it’s nice to be recognised. We didn’t realise that we were as good as we were!”
“When you compare what we have spent on training to our increase in sales, we have got an 8000 per cent return on our investment.”
CUB, who employ 20 staff, work with the local schools to take on workers as young as 16. A quarter of their current staff are on apprenticeships.
Mrs Fairfax said: “I would love to get every company in Fenland to have one apprentice. Since we started training the company has just taken off.”
- 1 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 6 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 7 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 8 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 9 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 10 Improve your selfies and photographs by joining new group
Simon Bartley, Chief Executive of UK Skills which manages the awards, said: “Each and every one of this year’s National Training Awards winners demonstrated that it is training of the highest quality that helps grow individuals, careers and develop sustainable businesses. All of those who won an award should be very proud of what they achieved.”