March company wins top award for leading the way in staff training
A COMPANY from March were named as one of the best in the country for training their employees when they triumphed at the East of England National Training Awards.
Commercial Utility Brokers (CUB) Ltd’s entry “Empowering Staff Through Training” earned them a “UK Winner” award in the small business category, and they will now progress to compete against companies from across the UK for the national title.
The ceremony, held at Chilford Hall, Cambridge, celebrated businesses and individuals who had achieved outstanding success through training, learning and development in the workplace.
Jacqueline Fairfax, Managing Director at CUB, said: “It’s amazing. We worked really hard on our training schemes and it’s nice to be recognised. We didn’t realise that we were as good as we were!”
“When you compare what we have spent on training to our increase in sales, we have got an 8000 per cent return on our investment.”
You may also want to watch:
CUB, who employ 20 staff, work with the local schools to take on workers as young as 16. A quarter of their current staff are on apprenticeships.
Mrs Fairfax said: “I would love to get every company in Fenland to have one apprentice. Since we started training the company has just taken off.”
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Dogs to join hounds across the world in global walk
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
Simon Bartley, Chief Executive of UK Skills which manages the awards, said: “Each and every one of this year’s National Training Awards winners demonstrated that it is training of the highest quality that helps grow individuals, careers and develop sustainable businesses. All of those who won an award should be very proud of what they achieved.”