Mayor of Wisbech visits accountancy firm to mark its move to larger office after rapid expansion
BANTOFT & Co Ltd of Wisbech has moved into a larger office at the Boathouse Business Centre after rapid expansion in just 18 months.
The chartered certified accountants’s move was marked with a visit by the Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Nick Meekins, on Wednesday when he cut a ribbon.
The company was formed in June last year by Nickie Bantoft but has grown considerably since and soon outgrew its original office.
Its expansion was recognised at the Fenland Enterprise Business Awards, run by the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard, earlier this year when they were crowned New Business of the Year.
Mrs Bantoft said: “We pride ourselves on providing a personal service for clients relating to their needs. With the rise in VAT charges next month we have also been visiting businesses to prepare their computer systems for the increase.”
Bantoft & Co offers full accountancy and taxation services for any sized business and individual, as well as payroll and VAT services.
Mrs Bantoft’s team is made up by Kay Merrell, payroll and bookkeeping manager; Katy Wicks, accounts and taxation manager; and Kirsty Evans-Clarke, accounts trainee. Kirsty is currently studying an Association of Accounting Technicians qualification.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 4 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 5 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
Mrs Bantoft said the training side of the business will be expanded in years to come.
She said: “It is important to give something back. We have to train the younger staff as they will be the future of our businesses. Kirsty is very hard-working and if people are willing to learn I will be willing to support them.”
Bantoft & Co is holding a Christmas drinks reception at the Boathouse next Wednesday from noon-2pm for existing and prospective clients and business associates. At the event, which will thank the many who have supported the company in its first 18 months, there will also be a raffle in aid of Cancer Research.
For more information about Bantoft & Co, contact 01945 581102 or visit www.bantoftaccountancy.co.uk