‘I’m lovin’ it’ - McDonald’s plan 24/7 restaurant for March
- Credit: Accord Architecture/PA Images/PA
It’s customers in the Fens will be lovin’ it if planners approve a drive through McDonald’s in March on the corner of Wisbech Road and Hostmoor Avenue.
It's customers in the Fens will be lovin' it if planners approve a drive through McDonald's in March on the corner of Wisbech Road and Hostmoor Avenue.
Up to 65 full and part-time jobs will be created if the company gets the green light to build the new store, complete with a children's play area.
"The site borders the A141 making it an ideal location for a drive through facility," says the company.
McDonald's say the public realm open spaces will have seating and street furniture to make it an "attractive, functional design as not to impede footfall to and from the unit".
You may also want to watch:
There's also plenty of space given over for those staff members or customers wanting to cycle to the store.
The site is a parcel of land off Hostmoor Avenue bordering Tesco and Cobblestone's restaurant and bar.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
And for those wanting a Big Mac at anytime of the day or night then McDonald's say they will oblige - the store is planned to open 24/7.
The application was registered with Fenland District Council on December 18 and a decision is expected within the first six to eight weeks of the New Year.