Metalcraft secures the future of gas and oil sector ‘icon’ Whiteley Read
- Credit: Archant
Stainless Metalcraft has secured the future of an “iconic” British manufacturer.
The Chatteris-based firm has bought Whiteley Read; a pressure vessels and packaged equipment company which had filed for administration.
The Rotherham company had customers in the oil and gas sector, and Metalcraft managing director, Austen Adams, says the deal will serve as a valuable addition.
“I’m delighted to have completed this deal,” he said.
“While the oil and gas industry as a whole has been struggling in the wake of falling oil prices, Whiteley Read has an excellent reputation for the quality of its components and the business’s experience and capabilities strongly complement our own.
You may also want to watch:
“The assets bring much needed additional capacity to meet our future growth plans.
“We have immediate contracts in place to fill the factory with overspill from existing operations, and real potential to develop additional business in both current and new markets.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 8 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
“We will continue serve the market under the Whiteley Read name and I’m excited by the prospect of working to drive the company into better times.”