Metalcraft secures the future of gas and oil sector ‘icon’ Whiteley Read
- Credit: Archant
Stainless Metalcraft has secured the future of an “iconic” British manufacturer.
The Chatteris-based firm has bought Whiteley Read; a pressure vessels and packaged equipment company which had filed for administration.
The Rotherham company had customers in the oil and gas sector, and Metalcraft managing director, Austen Adams, says the deal will serve as a valuable addition.
“I’m delighted to have completed this deal,” he said.
“While the oil and gas industry as a whole has been struggling in the wake of falling oil prices, Whiteley Read has an excellent reputation for the quality of its components and the business’s experience and capabilities strongly complement our own.
You may also want to watch:
“The assets bring much needed additional capacity to meet our future growth plans.
“We have immediate contracts in place to fill the factory with overspill from existing operations, and real potential to develop additional business in both current and new markets.
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 3 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 6 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Fly tipped waste in Chatteris blights rural walk
- 9 Tandoori Nights get a whole lot better at restaurant
- 10 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
“We will continue serve the market under the Whiteley Read name and I’m excited by the prospect of working to drive the company into better times.”