Metalcraft secures the future of gas and oil sector ‘icon’ Whiteley Read
- Credit: Archant
Stainless Metalcraft has secured the future of an “iconic” British manufacturer.
The Chatteris-based firm has bought Whiteley Read; a pressure vessels and packaged equipment company which had filed for administration.
The Rotherham company had customers in the oil and gas sector, and Metalcraft managing director, Austen Adams, says the deal will serve as a valuable addition.
“I’m delighted to have completed this deal,” he said.
“While the oil and gas industry as a whole has been struggling in the wake of falling oil prices, Whiteley Read has an excellent reputation for the quality of its components and the business’s experience and capabilities strongly complement our own.
You may also want to watch:
“The assets bring much needed additional capacity to meet our future growth plans.
“We have immediate contracts in place to fill the factory with overspill from existing operations, and real potential to develop additional business in both current and new markets.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 3 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 6 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 9 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 10 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
“We will continue serve the market under the Whiteley Read name and I’m excited by the prospect of working to drive the company into better times.”