Metalcraft secures the future of gas and oil sector ‘icon’ Whiteley Read
- Credit: Archant
Stainless Metalcraft has secured the future of an “iconic” British manufacturer.
The Chatteris-based firm has bought Whiteley Read; a pressure vessels and packaged equipment company which had filed for administration.
The Rotherham company had customers in the oil and gas sector, and Metalcraft managing director, Austen Adams, says the deal will serve as a valuable addition.
“I’m delighted to have completed this deal,” he said.
“While the oil and gas industry as a whole has been struggling in the wake of falling oil prices, Whiteley Read has an excellent reputation for the quality of its components and the business’s experience and capabilities strongly complement our own.
“The assets bring much needed additional capacity to meet our future growth plans.
“We have immediate contracts in place to fill the factory with overspill from existing operations, and real potential to develop additional business in both current and new markets.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
“We will continue serve the market under the Whiteley Read name and I’m excited by the prospect of working to drive the company into better times.”