Minister on hand to open Ridgeons new training academy and centre of excellence
- Credit: Archant
RIDGEONS opened a training academy and centre of excellence in Pampisford yesterday.
The Greenlight Centre of Excellence and Training Academy was officially opened by the MP Gregory Barker, Minister of State for Climate Change.
Ridgeons is one of the largest independent timber and builders’ merchants in the UK.
MP Barker said: “Ridgeons’ dedicated training academy is a fantastic facility that will help employees learn new skills to a high standard.
“It’s vital that companies like Ridgeons continue to develop so they can take advantage of new opportunities in the green market, such as the Green Deal.”
Johnnie Sam, Ridgeons Deputy Chairman, added: “We are delighted that Gregory Barker MP could join us in officially opening the Greenlight Centre of Excellence and Training Academy.
“The Ridgeons mission is to make it easier for our customers to do business, by supporting them in the provision of all their building supplies needs, quickly and efficiently.
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 9 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 10 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
“The opening of the centre adds to this promise and ensures that we are at the forefront in providing the products that make environmentally compliant work easy.”