More than 1,200 people apply for 100 jobs at Waitrose Peterborough store
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,200 people have applied for up to 100 extra jobs at the new Waitrose branch in Peterborough, which is due to open this Autumn.
The branch will relocate from the existing site in Queensgate Centre to Mayors Walk, providing customers with a bigger store and car park.
The 120 people already working at Waitrose Peterborough will join the new employees when they all transfer across to the new branch.
Waitrose has received 1,218 applications for the new roles, which include full and part-time positions across all departments. During the recruitment process, the retailer has worked closely with the local Jobcentre Plus teams to attract unemployed people in the local community.
The deadline for applications has passed and interviews have started.
You may also want to watch:
Branch manager, Waitrose Peterborough, Jon Ashley-Webb, said: “We’ve had a phenomenal response since we launched our recruitment drive in Peterborough and we are really encouraged by the calibre of applications we’ve received.
“We are flattered that so many people are eager to work for our business and we are pleased that we are in a position to bring even more jobs to the area.”
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart