More than 1,200 people apply for 100 jobs at Waitrose Peterborough store
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,200 people have applied for up to 100 extra jobs at the new Waitrose branch in Peterborough, which is due to open this Autumn.
The branch will relocate from the existing site in Queensgate Centre to Mayors Walk, providing customers with a bigger store and car park.
The 120 people already working at Waitrose Peterborough will join the new employees when they all transfer across to the new branch.
Waitrose has received 1,218 applications for the new roles, which include full and part-time positions across all departments. During the recruitment process, the retailer has worked closely with the local Jobcentre Plus teams to attract unemployed people in the local community.
The deadline for applications has passed and interviews have started.
You may also want to watch:
Branch manager, Waitrose Peterborough, Jon Ashley-Webb, said: “We’ve had a phenomenal response since we launched our recruitment drive in Peterborough and we are really encouraged by the calibre of applications we’ve received.
“We are flattered that so many people are eager to work for our business and we are pleased that we are in a position to bring even more jobs to the area.”
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 6 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 7 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 8 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 9 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment