Mushroom for improvement as Outwell electrical company wins �900,000 contract at Littleport funghi farm
A CUTTING-EDGE mushroom farm being built just outside Littleport has awarded a �900,000 contract to electrical firm Bloom and Wake of Outwell.
G’s Growers are building a seven acre complex of growing tunnels, packing stores, cold stores, welfare buildings and offices at the site.
They plan to churn out up to 160 tonnes of mushrooms from the farm each week.
Bloom and Wake will install power and special energy-efficient LED lights around the complex to keep the business alight.
Managing Director John Wake said: “Given the ongoing difficult trading conditions which continue to see decline within the private sector of the construction industry, we are delighted to have been awarded such a large contract.
You may also want to watch:
“Due credit should go to the dedication and expertise of our in-house design and estimating team who have worked very closely with the client for over 12 months to ensure we met their precise requirements.”
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Duke's death in midst of unprecedented times for country
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister