Mushroom for improvement as Outwell electrical company wins �900,000 contract at Littleport funghi farm
A CUTTING-EDGE mushroom farm being built just outside Littleport has awarded a �900,000 contract to electrical firm Bloom and Wake of Outwell.
G’s Growers are building a seven acre complex of growing tunnels, packing stores, cold stores, welfare buildings and offices at the site.
They plan to churn out up to 160 tonnes of mushrooms from the farm each week.
Bloom and Wake will install power and special energy-efficient LED lights around the complex to keep the business alight.
Managing Director John Wake said: “Given the ongoing difficult trading conditions which continue to see decline within the private sector of the construction industry, we are delighted to have been awarded such a large contract.
You may also want to watch:
“Due credit should go to the dedication and expertise of our in-house design and estimating team who have worked very closely with the client for over 12 months to ensure we met their precise requirements.”
- 1 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 6 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash