N&P’s March branch rewards silver surfer to mark relaunch of Internet banking site
A BUILDING society’s branch in Fenland rewarded one of its most senior silver surfers to mark the relaunch of a revamped Internet banking website.
Arthur Hawkins, 89, a retired company director, is one of a growing number of silver surfers who are using Norwich & Peterborough Building Society’s website to keep an eye on their finances.
Mr Hawkins was presented a bottle of Champagne, a certificate and �30 in high street vouchers from the society’s March branch which he also uses.
He said: “I feel proud to get this recognition as a silver surfer.
“I generally use the Internet to keep an eye on my finances, and make sure they are in order. Internet banking makes that extremely easy.
You may also want to watch:
“N&P has improved its Internet banking site which makes looking after my finances much easier, as the layout is clearer and it is a lot easier to navigate.”
Jo Gunkel, customer advisor at N&P’s March branch, said: “It is great to see so many silver surfers making use of our new Internet banking website.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
“N&P was one of the very first building societies to offer Internet banking and now it is even easier than before to manage your finances online, while the branch still provides everything it always has done plus a smiling face.”