N&P’s March branch rewards silver surfer to mark relaunch of Internet banking site
A BUILDING society’s branch in Fenland rewarded one of its most senior silver surfers to mark the relaunch of a revamped Internet banking website.
Arthur Hawkins, 89, a retired company director, is one of a growing number of silver surfers who are using Norwich & Peterborough Building Society’s website to keep an eye on their finances.
Mr Hawkins was presented a bottle of Champagne, a certificate and �30 in high street vouchers from the society’s March branch which he also uses.
He said: “I feel proud to get this recognition as a silver surfer.
“I generally use the Internet to keep an eye on my finances, and make sure they are in order. Internet banking makes that extremely easy.
“N&P has improved its Internet banking site which makes looking after my finances much easier, as the layout is clearer and it is a lot easier to navigate.”
Jo Gunkel, customer advisor at N&P’s March branch, said: “It is great to see so many silver surfers making use of our new Internet banking website.
- 1 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 2 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 3 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 4 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 5 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 8 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 10 All you need to know about FACT charity's dial-a-ride service
“N&P was one of the very first building societies to offer Internet banking and now it is even easier than before to manage your finances online, while the branch still provides everything it always has done plus a smiling face.”