N&P’s March branch rewards silver surfer to mark relaunch of Internet banking site
A BUILDING society’s branch in Fenland rewarded one of its most senior silver surfers to mark the relaunch of a revamped Internet banking website.
Arthur Hawkins, 89, a retired company director, is one of a growing number of silver surfers who are using Norwich & Peterborough Building Society’s website to keep an eye on their finances.
Mr Hawkins was presented a bottle of Champagne, a certificate and �30 in high street vouchers from the society’s March branch which he also uses.
He said: “I feel proud to get this recognition as a silver surfer.
“I generally use the Internet to keep an eye on my finances, and make sure they are in order. Internet banking makes that extremely easy.
“N&P has improved its Internet banking site which makes looking after my finances much easier, as the layout is clearer and it is a lot easier to navigate.”
Jo Gunkel, customer advisor at N&P’s March branch, said: “It is great to see so many silver surfers making use of our new Internet banking website.
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
“N&P was one of the very first building societies to offer Internet banking and now it is even easier than before to manage your finances online, while the branch still provides everything it always has done plus a smiling face.”