N&P’s March branch rewards silver surfer to mark relaunch of Internet banking site
A BUILDING society’s branch in Fenland rewarded one of its most senior silver surfers to mark the relaunch of a revamped Internet banking website.
Arthur Hawkins, 89, a retired company director, is one of a growing number of silver surfers who are using Norwich & Peterborough Building Society’s website to keep an eye on their finances.
Mr Hawkins was presented a bottle of Champagne, a certificate and �30 in high street vouchers from the society’s March branch which he also uses.
He said: “I feel proud to get this recognition as a silver surfer.
“I generally use the Internet to keep an eye on my finances, and make sure they are in order. Internet banking makes that extremely easy.
You may also want to watch:
“N&P has improved its Internet banking site which makes looking after my finances much easier, as the layout is clearer and it is a lot easier to navigate.”
Jo Gunkel, customer advisor at N&P’s March branch, said: “It is great to see so many silver surfers making use of our new Internet banking website.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
“N&P was one of the very first building societies to offer Internet banking and now it is even easier than before to manage your finances online, while the branch still provides everything it always has done plus a smiling face.”