N&P’s March branch rewards silver surfer to mark relaunch of Internet banking site
A BUILDING society’s branch in Fenland rewarded one of its most senior silver surfers to mark the relaunch of a revamped Internet banking website.
Arthur Hawkins, 89, a retired company director, is one of a growing number of silver surfers who are using Norwich & Peterborough Building Society’s website to keep an eye on their finances.
Mr Hawkins was presented a bottle of Champagne, a certificate and �30 in high street vouchers from the society’s March branch which he also uses.
He said: “I feel proud to get this recognition as a silver surfer.
“I generally use the Internet to keep an eye on my finances, and make sure they are in order. Internet banking makes that extremely easy.
You may also want to watch:
“N&P has improved its Internet banking site which makes looking after my finances much easier, as the layout is clearer and it is a lot easier to navigate.”
Jo Gunkel, customer advisor at N&P’s March branch, said: “It is great to see so many silver surfers making use of our new Internet banking website.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 9 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
“N&P was one of the very first building societies to offer Internet banking and now it is even easier than before to manage your finances online, while the branch still provides everything it always has done plus a smiling face.”