NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay officially opens Whittlesey Travel
FENLAND’S newest independent travel agency was officially opened with a visit by NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay.
Whittlesey Travel, owned by Sarah Langford and Conchita Jones, began trading last month.
On Friday numerous invited guests - including the Mayor of Whittlesey, Councillor Derek Stebbing - were present as the agency, based in Market Street, was declared open.
Mr Barclay said: “I am delighted to welcome a small business to Whittlesey.“Economic conditions are difficult for many at the moment, but Sarah and Conchita have shown that the right business combined with energy and drive you can succeed.
“Such a business will be a real boost to trade in the town and it will undoubtedly add something which local people have been missing.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarah said: “There has not been a travel agent in the town for about two years and there has been strong demand for the return of an independent travel agency.”
• Whittlesey Travel is located at 9 Market Street, Whittlesey, PE7 1BA. For more information contact 01733 203680 or visit www.whittleseytravel.com
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash