New asbestos facility opens at Mepal
- Credit: Archant
Waste management specialists Mick George Ltd has opened a new asbestos and contaminated soils facility at Mepal.
The permitted facility is strategically located to enable convenient collection and disposal services nationwide.
The Mepal facility is available to contractors and other waste operators.
Newly appointed commercial manager Abigail Johnson heads up business development for Mick George Ltd’s waste management solutions, including asbestos and hazardous waste, across all sectors from manufacturing and energy, to education and retail.
She commented: “Mick George has over 30 years’ experience of handling all types of licensed and non-licensable asbestos and strengthening our provision in this sector is part of the company’s growth strategy.
You may also want to watch:
“Our new facility at Mepal positions the company as a one-stop solution for asbestos collection, carriage and disposal; something many companies claim to be but very few genuinely are.”
The Mick George facility at Mepal also treats a broad range of contaminated soils from brown-field remediation and other sources using state-of-the-art technologies including soil washing to produce WRAP approved recycled aggregates for re-use in construction.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 6 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement