New asbestos facility opens at Mepal
- Credit: Archant
Waste management specialists Mick George Ltd has opened a new asbestos and contaminated soils facility at Mepal.
The permitted facility is strategically located to enable convenient collection and disposal services nationwide.
The Mepal facility is available to contractors and other waste operators.
Newly appointed commercial manager Abigail Johnson heads up business development for Mick George Ltd’s waste management solutions, including asbestos and hazardous waste, across all sectors from manufacturing and energy, to education and retail.
She commented: “Mick George has over 30 years’ experience of handling all types of licensed and non-licensable asbestos and strengthening our provision in this sector is part of the company’s growth strategy.
“Our new facility at Mepal positions the company as a one-stop solution for asbestos collection, carriage and disposal; something many companies claim to be but very few genuinely are.”
The Mick George facility at Mepal also treats a broad range of contaminated soils from brown-field remediation and other sources using state-of-the-art technologies including soil washing to produce WRAP approved recycled aggregates for re-use in construction.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 10 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash