New asbestos facility opens at Mepal
- Credit: Archant
Waste management specialists Mick George Ltd has opened a new asbestos and contaminated soils facility at Mepal.
The permitted facility is strategically located to enable convenient collection and disposal services nationwide.
The Mepal facility is available to contractors and other waste operators.
Newly appointed commercial manager Abigail Johnson heads up business development for Mick George Ltd’s waste management solutions, including asbestos and hazardous waste, across all sectors from manufacturing and energy, to education and retail.
She commented: “Mick George has over 30 years’ experience of handling all types of licensed and non-licensable asbestos and strengthening our provision in this sector is part of the company’s growth strategy.
You may also want to watch:
“Our new facility at Mepal positions the company as a one-stop solution for asbestos collection, carriage and disposal; something many companies claim to be but very few genuinely are.”
The Mick George facility at Mepal also treats a broad range of contaminated soils from brown-field remediation and other sources using state-of-the-art technologies including soil washing to produce WRAP approved recycled aggregates for re-use in construction.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary