New chef at Whittlesey pub gives it an edge for attracting new customers
THERE is a new twist at a traditional Whittlesey pub with the appointment of a chef who serves up delicious Chinese food.
Gavin Ho has been at the Hero of Aliwal just six weeks but his food is already drawing in customers who enjoy the expertly cooked Chinese dishes.
The compliments also extend to the traditional English menu which is wide and varied and uses locally sourced ingredients. A bar snack menu is also popular.
At the helm of the Church Street pub are Roddy and Christine Allen who have enjoyed five years in the tranquillity of the Fens after spending many years in the pub trade in London.
The pub boasts a large restaurant comfortably seating up to 80 people. It is perfect for wedding receptions and parties. Whatever the occasion Roddy and Christine are always delighted to discuss your requirements.
A good selection of real ales, lagers, wines and spirits are available. The couple have six en-suite rooms to let for bed and breakfast and all guests are assured of a warm and friendly welcome.
Outside there is a large car park and a beer garden.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 9 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 10 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
The large dining room is perfect for wedding receptions and parties. Cat_adfeat_25_hero_0686SM610
Christine and Roddy Allen outside the Hero of Aliwal. Cat_adfeat_25_hero_0696SM610