New chef at Whittlesey pub gives it an edge for attracting new customers
THERE is a new twist at a traditional Whittlesey pub with the appointment of a chef who serves up delicious Chinese food.
Gavin Ho has been at the Hero of Aliwal just six weeks but his food is already drawing in customers who enjoy the expertly cooked Chinese dishes.
The compliments also extend to the traditional English menu which is wide and varied and uses locally sourced ingredients. A bar snack menu is also popular.
At the helm of the Church Street pub are Roddy and Christine Allen who have enjoyed five years in the tranquillity of the Fens after spending many years in the pub trade in London.
The pub boasts a large restaurant comfortably seating up to 80 people. It is perfect for wedding receptions and parties. Whatever the occasion Roddy and Christine are always delighted to discuss your requirements.
You may also want to watch:
A good selection of real ales, lagers, wines and spirits are available. The couple have six en-suite rooms to let for bed and breakfast and all guests are assured of a warm and friendly welcome.
Outside there is a large car park and a beer garden.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
The large dining room is perfect for wedding receptions and parties. Cat_adfeat_25_hero_0686SM610
Christine and Roddy Allen outside the Hero of Aliwal. Cat_adfeat_25_hero_0696SM610