New chef at Whittlesey pub gives it an edge for attracting new customers
THERE is a new twist at a traditional Whittlesey pub with the appointment of a chef who serves up delicious Chinese food.
Gavin Ho has been at the Hero of Aliwal just six weeks but his food is already drawing in customers who enjoy the expertly cooked Chinese dishes.
The compliments also extend to the traditional English menu which is wide and varied and uses locally sourced ingredients. A bar snack menu is also popular.
At the helm of the Church Street pub are Roddy and Christine Allen who have enjoyed five years in the tranquillity of the Fens after spending many years in the pub trade in London.
The pub boasts a large restaurant comfortably seating up to 80 people. It is perfect for wedding receptions and parties. Whatever the occasion Roddy and Christine are always delighted to discuss your requirements.
A good selection of real ales, lagers, wines and spirits are available. The couple have six en-suite rooms to let for bed and breakfast and all guests are assured of a warm and friendly welcome.
Outside there is a large car park and a beer garden.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
The large dining room is perfect for wedding receptions and parties. Cat_adfeat_25_hero_0686SM610
Christine and Roddy Allen outside the Hero of Aliwal. Cat_adfeat_25_hero_0696SM610