New managing partner for Fenland firm of solicitors
A FENLAND firm of solicitors has elected a new managing partner.
Tony Cheetham has been elected managing partner at Fraser Dawbarns and succeeds David Ball, who will be continuing as a partner with the firm on a three-day week basis serving private and commercial clients.
Mr Cheetham is an experienced commercial solicitor. He joined the firm in 2008 as a partner when the practice of Waterman Cheetham merged with Fraser Dawbarns.
He has been an active member of the firm’s management committee and been heavily involved in the conversion of the practice to a Limited Liability Partnership.
Mr Cheetham has a wide ranging client base, from small local businesses to large national companies.
Commenting on his appointment, he said he was “delighted and honoured” to be taking on the role of managing partner.
He said: “I care deeply about the firm, the clients we act for and our staff. I am convinced we can continue to develop our services and client base in the increasingly competitive market for legal services.”
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 8 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 9 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 10 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
• Fraser Dawbarns has 15 partners and employs 100 staff. It has offices in Wisbech, Downham Market, King’s Lynn and March.