New training centre with 10 years experience, CAB Training, to open in Wisbech on February 1
WITH health and safety awareness on the increase it is important to ensure that all employees are appropriately trained.
However, for years the people of Fenland have had to travel miles to complete their qualification - but not any more.
Because on Tuesday CAB Training - with over 10 years experience in commercial and non-commercial training - launches a new centre in Wisbech.
CAB, which specialises in forklift training, has been set-up by Carol Brown of Friday Bridge who will run the centre in Sandall Road on the Gold Leaf Industrial Park.
The company offers a range of funded or private courses to find new drivers and refresh the skills of those that are already qualified.
But they don’t just specialise in forklift training as they also run a number of other courses including first aid at work, manual handling and fire safety training which are all approved by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Ms Brown said: “I have been doing this job for 10 years but currently the people of Fenland, if they want to do the training, they have to go to Peterborough or King’s Lynn.
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 5 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 6 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 7 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 8 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
“There are many unemployed people out there but lots of government funding in place and I hope to get many people back into work.
“We have a newly refurbished unit with all facilities and a purpose built classroom.”
“I’m looking to put something back into the community.”
Carol is accredited by the Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB) and the Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register (ITSSAR). Training can be carried out at the centre in Sandall Road or off-site.
For more information or a free no obligation quote, please visit www.cabtraining.co.uk or contact: 01945 860849 or 07825252168. Alternatively, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org