New training centre with 10 years experience, CAB Training, to open in Wisbech on February 1
WITH health and safety awareness on the increase it is important to ensure that all employees are appropriately trained.
However, for years the people of Fenland have had to travel miles to complete their qualification - but not any more.
Because on Tuesday CAB Training - with over 10 years experience in commercial and non-commercial training - launches a new centre in Wisbech.
CAB, which specialises in forklift training, has been set-up by Carol Brown of Friday Bridge who will run the centre in Sandall Road on the Gold Leaf Industrial Park.
The company offers a range of funded or private courses to find new drivers and refresh the skills of those that are already qualified.
You may also want to watch:
But they don’t just specialise in forklift training as they also run a number of other courses including first aid at work, manual handling and fire safety training which are all approved by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Ms Brown said: “I have been doing this job for 10 years but currently the people of Fenland, if they want to do the training, they have to go to Peterborough or King’s Lynn.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
“There are many unemployed people out there but lots of government funding in place and I hope to get many people back into work.
“We have a newly refurbished unit with all facilities and a purpose built classroom.”
“I’m looking to put something back into the community.”
Carol is accredited by the Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB) and the Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register (ITSSAR). Training can be carried out at the centre in Sandall Road or off-site.
For more information or a free no obligation quote, please visit www.cabtraining.co.uk or contact: 01945 860849 or 07825252168. Alternatively, e-mail: email@example.com