Plans put forward to build 10 commerical units at Crab Marsh
- Credit: Archant
A DEVELOPER wants to build 10 commercial units on land at Crab Marsh, Wisbech.
Tingdene Developments has applied to Fenland District Council for permission to build on the site, which borders Crab Marsh Boatyard.
The plan includes 76 car parking places and the road to the south of the site will need to be improved to make it easier to get to and from the units.
A small amount of land from the boatyard, owned by Fenland District Council, is required to improve access to the site.
The proposal will help stimulate the economy and create jobs, it is claimed.
You may also want to watch:
A report from the developer said: “The proposed layout and access for the outline proposals are considered to represent a sustainable development, which will allow for the successful integration of the scheme into the existing urban control in this area of Wisbech.
“The proposed commercial units represent flexibly designed employment space to meet a wide range of potential small and medium enterprise requirements for which a potential market need has been identified and which has the potential capacity for a significant number of jobs.”
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 2 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 3 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 4 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 5 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 6 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 7 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 8 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 9 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 10 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution