Programme launched to help Cambridgeshire women break through the ‘glass ceiling’
WOMEN in Cambridgeshire are being encouraged to break through the “glass ceiling” to career progression with a new Turning Tables programme.
Anglia Ruskin University is hosting a series of events beginning on July 3 at the East Road campus in Cambridge.
The programme offers personal development and networking opportunities for women involved in management, leadership and enterprise.
Clare Fazackerley of Anglia Ruskin’s Learning Development Services said: “The topic of the glass ceiling for women is back in the news again, with prominent female leaders including Ruth Lea, Harriet Harman and Heidi Mottram recently sharing their own experiences of rising to the top of their professions.
“Women are expected to balance home life with their professional one. This requires choices to be made and in some cases sacrifices.
You may also want to watch:
“Therefore the time women spend on focusing on their own advancement and self-fulfilment can often be next to nothing.
“The Turning Tables programme has been developed to allow women to focus on their own coaching and development within a circle of like-minded professional women, with whom they can share experiences, challenges and solutions.”
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 6 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
The July 3 event concentrates on the importance of a personal development plan and the keynote speech will be delivered by Louise Aries, Director of HR Service Delivery Europe at Aviva.
The event begins at 5pm with networking and refreshments and runs until 7.30pm. Tickets cost �15 and can be purchased at www.anglia.ac.uk/turningtables
For more details call 0845 196 6707.