Proud of your record as an employer? Then this Fenland Business Award category is the one for you
- Credit: Archant
As anyone who runs a business will tell you its people are the most important asset which is why Fenland Business Awards include the Employer of the Year Award.
The 2015 winners of this award in 2015 was Chatteris firm Stainless Metalcraft.
The judges said in choosing Metalcraft as the winner: “This 120 year company recruits the majority of staff locally. Many of them become long term members of the team.
“The Company’s induction process and continuous training programme are both exemplary. There is a comprehensive programme for both keeping employees up to date with how the business is doing and seeking their ideas and feedback. A worthy winner and a model employer. Congratulations.”
This year the category is being sponsored by Nestlé Purina PetCare - which is one of the largest employers in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
If you think your firm has what it takes to follow in Stainless Metalcraft’s footsteps then this is what you need to do to enter.
Consider the following criteria when making your entry statement:
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 6 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 7 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
• Outline of business
• Details of staffing numbers and types of jobs people do
• What is your induction process?
• What incentives or benefits do you provide for staff?
• In what ways do the staff and business communicate with each other?
• How do you measure staff performance and its influence on the business?
Nestlé Purina PetCare is proud of its record as a leading provider of pet foods.
They say: “Here at PURINA®, many of us are pet owners too so we know first-hand what a huge role pets can play in people’s lives. We’re committed to creating nutritious foods that will keep cats and dogs of all ages happy, healthy and content.
“Pets are loving companions and part of our families, so it’s really important that they not only enjoy the food we give them, but that it does them good. Our foods aren’t just tasty; they’re packed with a combination of animal based raw materials, fish, vitamins and minerals that deliver a complete and well-balanced meal.
“We know that a one-size-fits-all approach to food is not right for every pet. No dog or cat is ever the same, and just as they all have their own distinct personalities, they also have their own dietary needs too. That’s why we’ve created a wide range of products tailored for all different needs of cats and dogs; from kittens to puppies, to those that live indoors, those that are always outdoors, those that are pregnant, and those with allergies and special dietary needs.
“With over 85 years’ experience behind us, we are experts in pets’ nutritional needs, committed to creating nutritious foods which are good for health, wellbeing and longevity, as well as on their taste buds.”
The deadline for this year’s entries is fast approaching - it is 5pm on Wednesday July 6 so there is still time to enter this category or any of the others listed below.
Fenland Business Awards are an opportunity to be recognised for your successes in whatever your field of business.
Every company can enter up to three categories and unlike many other awards the Fenland Business Awards are FREE to enter and all the finalists will be invited to attend the awards ceremony on Friday September 23.
For more information on how to enter visit: fenlandbusinessawards.co.uk