Recruitment manager offers free sandwich on Fridays in bid to woo workers to Newmarket factory
- Credit: Archant
Recruitment agency manager Paulius Martinkus believes he has the perfect incentive to help find 150 factory workers – a free sandwich.
Not that prospective employees will get the sandwich every day – only on a Friday.
Mr Martinkus has posted the job offer to social media sites offering anyone taking up the job “free hot drinks daily and a free sandwich each Friday”.
The workers are needed by the Thai food manufacturers CP Foods at their Fordham Road production centre in Newmarket.
Workers are also promised up to one hour fully paid lunch breaks, four day shift working (12 hours a day) with basic pay of £7.40 an hour and £9.25 overtime rate.
You may also want to watch:
CP Foods is part of the CPF group owned by Thailand’s richest man, Dhanin Chearavanont.
The £4 million Suffolk factory, which produces microwaveable subs, sandwiches, baguettes and burgers under CP Foods’ Taste Inc brand, created over 100 jobs in the town when it was opened in 2013.
- 1 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
It currently has employees in production management, technical management, shop floor technical support, warehouse logistics, manufacturing operatives and engineers.