Recruitment manager offers free sandwich on Fridays in bid to woo workers to Newmarket factory
- Credit: Archant
Recruitment agency manager Paulius Martinkus believes he has the perfect incentive to help find 150 factory workers – a free sandwich.
Not that prospective employees will get the sandwich every day – only on a Friday.
Mr Martinkus has posted the job offer to social media sites offering anyone taking up the job “free hot drinks daily and a free sandwich each Friday”.
The workers are needed by the Thai food manufacturers CP Foods at their Fordham Road production centre in Newmarket.
Workers are also promised up to one hour fully paid lunch breaks, four day shift working (12 hours a day) with basic pay of £7.40 an hour and £9.25 overtime rate.
You may also want to watch:
CP Foods is part of the CPF group owned by Thailand’s richest man, Dhanin Chearavanont.
The £4 million Suffolk factory, which produces microwaveable subs, sandwiches, baguettes and burgers under CP Foods’ Taste Inc brand, created over 100 jobs in the town when it was opened in 2013.
- 1 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 2 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Organisers plan for low-key return of Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 7 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 8 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
It currently has employees in production management, technical management, shop floor technical support, warehouse logistics, manufacturing operatives and engineers.