Roddons Housing Association net top award for partnership between staff and tenants
STAFF at Roddons Housing Association were left celebrating after they were awarded Landlord Accreditation for working alongside their tenants.
The award was presented to Roddons by the Tenant Participation Advisory Service (TPAS) following a 12-month assessment process.
Residents who sit on Roddons’ Tenant Advisory Groups were invited to the celebrations as Sally Taylor, resident involvement officer, collected the framed certificate.
Brenda Reynolds, chair of Roddons’ board and also a resident, said everyone deserved a “pat on the back” for their work.
She said: “This is an award for all of us but we can’t rest on our laurels, it is onwards and upwards from now on.”
You may also want to watch:
Presenting the award, Michelle Reid said Roddons was one of only 40 housing providers which achieved the quality standard.
She said: “The organisation thrives on its partnership culture and open and honest dialogue between staff and residents.”
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
In July 2010, Roddons commissioned TPAS to assess the quality of its resident involvement. The accreditation will last for three years, after which the association can choose whether to go for further assessment.
Debby Bunn, managing director of Roddons, said: “We are very proud of this achievement. It clearly shows that we put residents at the heart of everything we do and it reflects the positive partnership between staff and residents.”