‘We have been extremely lucky’: Shooters American Diner owners buy new restaurant in Thorney
- Credit: Archant
A new American steak house and grill restaurant will be launched in the Fens later this year by the owners of a March diner.
Dan and Claire Smethurst, owners of Shooters American Diner, have taken over the old Finleys Carvery restaurant on the A47 Thorney Toll.
Mr and Mrs Smethurst are already on the look out for chefs, waiting staff and kitchen assistants ahead of the planned launch in March.
Mrs Smethurst said: "Shooters will continue as its quirky self with no changes to food or service and you can expect to see the same faces serving as you do currently.
"Although the new place will be different it goes without saying that customers can still expect home made food cooked fresh to order at reasonable prices.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been extremely lucky to have received so much support for Shooters and hope that people get behind the new venture in the same way."
Shooters will remain open on the riverside in March and opening hours are not set to change, a new menu is also set to be launched in the coming weeks.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down