‘We have been extremely lucky’: Shooters American Diner owners buy new restaurant in Thorney
- Credit: Archant
A new American steak house and grill restaurant will be launched in the Fens later this year by the owners of a March diner.
Dan and Claire Smethurst, owners of Shooters American Diner, have taken over the old Finleys Carvery restaurant on the A47 Thorney Toll.
Mr and Mrs Smethurst are already on the look out for chefs, waiting staff and kitchen assistants ahead of the planned launch in March.
Mrs Smethurst said: "Shooters will continue as its quirky self with no changes to food or service and you can expect to see the same faces serving as you do currently.
"Although the new place will be different it goes without saying that customers can still expect home made food cooked fresh to order at reasonable prices.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been extremely lucky to have received so much support for Shooters and hope that people get behind the new venture in the same way."
Shooters will remain open on the riverside in March and opening hours are not set to change, a new menu is also set to be launched in the coming weeks.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash