Sign up for power firm’s priority service in case of a power cut urges MP Steve Barclay
- Credit: Archant
Home owners are being urged to sign up for a new free priority service launched by UK Power Networks to help during power cuts.
Local MP Steve Barclay suggests residents register for to power company’s service.
UK Power Networks owns and maintains the electricity cables and lines in his North East Cambridgeshire constituency as well as across other parts of the country.
Mr Barclay said: “Although power cuts are rare, the free PSR is in place to support vulnerable constituents should a power cut occur. It comes in the form of a 24 hour telephone number which can be called during a power cut and regular text or phone updates.
“I strongly encourage constituents to sign up to this service and carers are able to apply on behalf of someone if necessary.”
If you are interested you can apply online at www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/priority and for further information can email email@example.com.
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 5 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 6 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 7 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 8 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Attacked PC nominated for bravery award