Sign up for power firm’s priority service in case of a power cut urges MP Steve Barclay
- Credit: Archant
Home owners are being urged to sign up for a new free priority service launched by UK Power Networks to help during power cuts.
Local MP Steve Barclay suggests residents register for to power company’s service.
UK Power Networks owns and maintains the electricity cables and lines in his North East Cambridgeshire constituency as well as across other parts of the country.
Mr Barclay said: “Although power cuts are rare, the free PSR is in place to support vulnerable constituents should a power cut occur. It comes in the form of a 24 hour telephone number which can be called during a power cut and regular text or phone updates.
“I strongly encourage constituents to sign up to this service and carers are able to apply on behalf of someone if necessary.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested you can apply online at www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/priority and for further information can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections