Simply the Bretts: Fenland storage and transport firm to build new warehouse at Guyhirn
A FENLAND storage and transport company is celebrating after plans were drawn up for a new 80,000sq ft warehouse at its head office in Guyhirn.
Bretts Storage and Bretts Transport Ltd will consolidate their warehousing on one site after securing banking facilities support from Barclays.
The banking facilities will be used to fund the construction of the new warehouse, complete with office block, car park and trailer park.
Bretts Transport, which has a fleet of more than 80 vehicles, was founded by Charles Brett in 1912 and has been passed down through generations.
Simon Brett, managing director, said: “The scale of this development and the opportunities that it presents us with means that it is definitely one of the most significant events in our history.
You may also want to watch:
“The foresight of my father to purchase additional land adjacent to our existing site some years ago, has undoubtedly paid dividends and enabled us to go ahead with this project.
“We firmly believe that this will help us to continue with our objectives of achieving controlled growth whilst always striving to improve the quality and value of our service.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
“We have received great support from Barclays, working alongside us to achieve this.”
The warehouse will allow Bretts to relocate its existing storage facility, which is currently based in a rented premises in Peterborough, to their main base at Guyhirn.
Darren Howe, relationship director at Barclays, said: “The strategic relocation to Guyhirn epitomises Simon Brett’s vision, drive and focus to continue building the Bretts brand.
“The confidence of the management team to grow in what has proven to be a difficult economic climate for some, demonstrates their tremendous progress.
“The purpose built warehouse complex, situated adjacent to the successful transport and logistics company will further enhance the current efficiency levels.”