Simply the Bretts: Fenland storage and transport firm to build new warehouse at Guyhirn
A FENLAND storage and transport company is celebrating after plans were drawn up for a new 80,000sq ft warehouse at its head office in Guyhirn.
Bretts Storage and Bretts Transport Ltd will consolidate their warehousing on one site after securing banking facilities support from Barclays.
The banking facilities will be used to fund the construction of the new warehouse, complete with office block, car park and trailer park.
Bretts Transport, which has a fleet of more than 80 vehicles, was founded by Charles Brett in 1912 and has been passed down through generations.
Simon Brett, managing director, said: “The scale of this development and the opportunities that it presents us with means that it is definitely one of the most significant events in our history.
You may also want to watch:
“The foresight of my father to purchase additional land adjacent to our existing site some years ago, has undoubtedly paid dividends and enabled us to go ahead with this project.
“We firmly believe that this will help us to continue with our objectives of achieving controlled growth whilst always striving to improve the quality and value of our service.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
“We have received great support from Barclays, working alongside us to achieve this.”
The warehouse will allow Bretts to relocate its existing storage facility, which is currently based in a rented premises in Peterborough, to their main base at Guyhirn.
Darren Howe, relationship director at Barclays, said: “The strategic relocation to Guyhirn epitomises Simon Brett’s vision, drive and focus to continue building the Bretts brand.
“The confidence of the management team to grow in what has proven to be a difficult economic climate for some, demonstrates their tremendous progress.
“The purpose built warehouse complex, situated adjacent to the successful transport and logistics company will further enhance the current efficiency levels.”