Social media workshop will help businesses get ahead in digital world
- Credit: Archant
A free workshop for businesses to learn about the advantages of social media is taking place in Littleport.
The workshop is being organised by Destination Digital, a new programme from Connecting Cambridgeshire to help small businesses use digital technology with free business support and grants to buy digital products and services.
The event, which takes place on April 25, from 8-10am at E-Space North Business Centre, will provide a taster of the support available through Destination Digital and provide opportunities for small businesses to find out how they can get involved.
Breakfast will also be available at the workshop, as well as time for networking to enable businesses to find out more about each other.
Jackie Cooper, a digital business advisor for Destination Digital, will be presenting and sharing her experience of using social media.
You may also want to watch:
She previously worked for Cambridge Regional College as a business lecturer and is an experienced entrepreneur.
Keith Evans, owner of Millrose Telecom, based in Littleport, was one of the first small businesses to benefit from the scheme. He was able to receive funding to invest in training and equipment to deliver a specialised fibre optic internal cabling service. Keith said: “The support provided by Destination Digital has enabled my company to grow through offering new products and services. I recommend that local companies come along to the workshop, learn about social media and find out more about the scheme.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party