Social media workshop will help businesses get ahead in digital world
- Credit: Archant
A free workshop for businesses to learn about the advantages of social media is taking place in Littleport.
The workshop is being organised by Destination Digital, a new programme from Connecting Cambridgeshire to help small businesses use digital technology with free business support and grants to buy digital products and services.
The event, which takes place on April 25, from 8-10am at E-Space North Business Centre, will provide a taster of the support available through Destination Digital and provide opportunities for small businesses to find out how they can get involved.
Breakfast will also be available at the workshop, as well as time for networking to enable businesses to find out more about each other.
Jackie Cooper, a digital business advisor for Destination Digital, will be presenting and sharing her experience of using social media.
You may also want to watch:
She previously worked for Cambridge Regional College as a business lecturer and is an experienced entrepreneur.
Keith Evans, owner of Millrose Telecom, based in Littleport, was one of the first small businesses to benefit from the scheme. He was able to receive funding to invest in training and equipment to deliver a specialised fibre optic internal cabling service. Keith said: “The support provided by Destination Digital has enabled my company to grow through offering new products and services. I recommend that local companies come along to the workshop, learn about social media and find out more about the scheme.”
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide