Sponsors and past winners turn out for Fenland Business Awards exhibition
SPONSORS and previous winners of the Fenland Enterprise Business Awards gathered for a special exhibition to promote this year’s flagship event.
But the deadline to enter this year’s awards is looming fast, with just two weeks left to get your entries in.
Exhibitors at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March on Friday included sponsors Fenland District Council, Whiting and Partners, Hugh Crane Cleaning Equipment Ltd and the Larkfleet Group.
Also in attendance were some of last year’s winners, including Hope Social Enterprises which won the Social Enterprise Award for its work with the long-term unemployed and marketing and PR consultant Amanda Carlin, who won the inaugural Women in Business Award.
Mrs Carlin said: “It was truly wonderful to be recognised as a business leader and for my business model and vision to be appreciated by business experts.
“Just as the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard are supporting the business community, the business community should support our local paper by entering the awards.”
The team from Commercial Utility Brokers (UK) Ltd also attended. The company won last year’s Training and Development Award and sales director Louis Fairfax won the Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 9 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
Mr Fairfax said: “It was an unexpected but very welcome award last year and they gave the team so much more encouragement and motivation to succeed.
“I would certainly encourage anyone who is in a position to enter any of these categories to apply because they will bring so much benefit to your business.”