Sponsors and past winners turn out for Fenland Business Awards exhibition
SPONSORS and previous winners of the Fenland Enterprise Business Awards gathered for a special exhibition to promote this year’s flagship event.
But the deadline to enter this year’s awards is looming fast, with just two weeks left to get your entries in.
Exhibitors at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March on Friday included sponsors Fenland District Council, Whiting and Partners, Hugh Crane Cleaning Equipment Ltd and the Larkfleet Group.
Also in attendance were some of last year’s winners, including Hope Social Enterprises which won the Social Enterprise Award for its work with the long-term unemployed and marketing and PR consultant Amanda Carlin, who won the inaugural Women in Business Award.
Mrs Carlin said: “It was truly wonderful to be recognised as a business leader and for my business model and vision to be appreciated by business experts.
“Just as the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard are supporting the business community, the business community should support our local paper by entering the awards.”
The team from Commercial Utility Brokers (UK) Ltd also attended. The company won last year’s Training and Development Award and sales director Louis Fairfax won the Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
Mr Fairfax said: “It was an unexpected but very welcome award last year and they gave the team so much more encouragement and motivation to succeed.
“I would certainly encourage anyone who is in a position to enter any of these categories to apply because they will bring so much benefit to your business.”