Sponsors and past winners turn out for Fenland Business Awards exhibition
SPONSORS and previous winners of the Fenland Enterprise Business Awards gathered for a special exhibition to promote this year’s flagship event.
But the deadline to enter this year’s awards is looming fast, with just two weeks left to get your entries in.
Exhibitors at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March on Friday included sponsors Fenland District Council, Whiting and Partners, Hugh Crane Cleaning Equipment Ltd and the Larkfleet Group.
Also in attendance were some of last year’s winners, including Hope Social Enterprises which won the Social Enterprise Award for its work with the long-term unemployed and marketing and PR consultant Amanda Carlin, who won the inaugural Women in Business Award.
Mrs Carlin said: “It was truly wonderful to be recognised as a business leader and for my business model and vision to be appreciated by business experts.
You may also want to watch:
“Just as the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard are supporting the business community, the business community should support our local paper by entering the awards.”
The team from Commercial Utility Brokers (UK) Ltd also attended. The company won last year’s Training and Development Award and sales director Louis Fairfax won the Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
Mr Fairfax said: “It was an unexpected but very welcome award last year and they gave the team so much more encouragement and motivation to succeed.
“I would certainly encourage anyone who is in a position to enter any of these categories to apply because they will bring so much benefit to your business.”