Sunday Times Top Track 250 listing for Wisbech firm Ford & Slater
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech-based DAF Truck dealership group Ford & Slater have appeared on the 10th annual Sunday Times Grant Thornton Top Track 250. The Top Track 250 was published in the Sunday Times on 12th October 2014, with Ford & Slater appearing at number 210 in the list.
The Sunday Times Grant Thornton Top Track 250 is the sister publication of The Sunday Times Top Track 100, which identifies Britain’s 100 private companies with the biggest sales. The league table ranks the 250 next biggest private companies, provided either sales or profits have increased by at least 10% in their latest available accounts.
Founded in 1928 Ford & Slater are the largest independent DAF Truck dealership group in the UK, with ten sites and over 425 employees throughout the East Midlands and East Anglia. The business remains a family run enterprise, with brothers Tim and Nigel Strevens as Joint Managing Directors.
The last 24 months have been an exciting time for Ford & Slater with the dawn of new emissions legislation for Heavy Goods Vehicles, moving from ‘Euro 5’ to ‘Euro 6’ on 1st January 2014. The result was a widely reported spike in vehicle orders in the run up to the new legislation, with Ford & Slater experiencing a record number of new vehicle registrations in a 12 month period.
In addition to selling the market leading DAF product Ford & Slater are an organisation which pride themselves on their family values and long-standing members of staff, something which Tim Strevens credits a lot of their success to, “Relationships, experience and expertise count for so much in our industry. Nearly one third of our staff have been with us for 15 years or more, which gives us a wealth of knowledge and continuity as a business. It means our staff are truly our biggest asset in delivering the highest levels of product and service to our customers.
You may also want to watch:
Strevens continued, “Our main focus is on making sure that we delight our customers but it is great to be on a list like this and have our hard work recognised in this way. It is a credit to the great work all our employees do throughout the group as well as our excellent relationship with DAF Trucks.”
Ford & Slater will put 1000 new Euro 6 vehicles on the road this year and with continued investment in the workshop and office facilities throughout the Group, Ford & Slater are well positioned to strengthen their local market offering of HGV servicing and truck and trailer parts sales.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal