Thirty jobs created as Burger King opens store in Horsefair Shopping Centre, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A major fast-food chain has opened in Wisbech creating 30 jobs.
Burger King has opened a 65-seater restaurant in the town’s Horsefair Shopping Centre.
There are already Burger King restaurants in Peterborough, Ely and King’s Lynn, but this is the fast-food giants first foray into Fenland.
Bruno Lino, Burger King North Division vice-president and general manager, said: “We are excited to expand the Burger King brand in this important market, and look forward to welcoming guests in Wisbech to experience our products.”
Lamen Reddy, operations director for Millcliffe Ltd, franchise owners of the restaurant, said: “We are thrilled to be opening a Burger King restaurant in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to great success at this location and to serving the community for many years to come.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo