Top award for Ely-based firm that helps ex-service personnel into work
- Credit: Archant
Forces Recruitment Services has been rewarded for their support to veterans and reservists.
Graham Brown, MD of Forces Recruitment, accepted a Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme Silver Award at a special event in Cambridge.
Forces Recruitment Services was set up in Ely in 2001 and now has five offices in the UK (Ely, Birmingham, Plymouth, London and Bristol).
The recruitment firm has placed over 2,500 ex-servicemen and women into work and assisted thousands more with CVs and interview preparation.
Graham, attending the event with operations manager Adam Bonner, said: “The ERS Silver Award is so widely recognised by candidates and employers now that it highlights Forces Recruitment Services’ commitment help ex-military personnel to build a successful and fulfilling second career as a civilian. This is a very proud moment in Forces Recruitment Services’ 15 year history.”
The awards were presented to 11 East Anglian companies by Royal Navy Commodore David Elford and the Vice Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, Mrs Lewin Smith.
She thanked the Silver Award winners and said: “It’s wonderful that as employers you support your employees’ aspirations to serve their country.”
- 1 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 8 Cannabis, cash and knives discovered after police raids in Whittlesey
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
Commodore Elford reminded guests that: “The employer recognition scheme was launched in 2014 to recognise employers who pledge, demonstrate, and advocate support to the armed forces community, including reservists, veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses.”
There are now over 500 private and public organisations that currently hold Silver Awards in the UK, and over 1,000 have signed the Armed Forces Covenant.