Top award for Ely-based firm that helps ex-service personnel into work
- Credit: Archant
Forces Recruitment Services has been rewarded for their support to veterans and reservists.
Graham Brown, MD of Forces Recruitment, accepted a Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme Silver Award at a special event in Cambridge.
Forces Recruitment Services was set up in Ely in 2001 and now has five offices in the UK (Ely, Birmingham, Plymouth, London and Bristol).
The recruitment firm has placed over 2,500 ex-servicemen and women into work and assisted thousands more with CVs and interview preparation.
Graham, attending the event with operations manager Adam Bonner, said: “The ERS Silver Award is so widely recognised by candidates and employers now that it highlights Forces Recruitment Services’ commitment help ex-military personnel to build a successful and fulfilling second career as a civilian. This is a very proud moment in Forces Recruitment Services’ 15 year history.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards were presented to 11 East Anglian companies by Royal Navy Commodore David Elford and the Vice Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, Mrs Lewin Smith.
She thanked the Silver Award winners and said: “It’s wonderful that as employers you support your employees’ aspirations to serve their country.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
Commodore Elford reminded guests that: “The employer recognition scheme was launched in 2014 to recognise employers who pledge, demonstrate, and advocate support to the armed forces community, including reservists, veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses.”
There are now over 500 private and public organisations that currently hold Silver Awards in the UK, and over 1,000 have signed the Armed Forces Covenant.