Two weeks left for budding entrepreneurs to book their place in Fenland’s Dragons’ Den
BUDDING entrepreneurs have until the end of the month to submit their business ideas and win cash from Fenland’s Dragons’ Den.
The scheme, modelled on the BBC Two show, was launched in March with a package of funding and business support worth �5,000 up for grabs.
There are two weeks left for business ideas to be submitted before shortlisted applicants pitch to the dragons at a special event at Young People March in June.
The initiative is run by enterprise agency NWES as part of a two-year project funded by Roddons Housing Association.
Accountants Whiting and Partners and solicitors Fraser Dawbarns have also pledged to provide business support.
You may also want to watch:
Wendy Coles, from Roddons, said: “The NWES project is one of the most exciting community initiatives we have funded to date.
“We hope that by helping people to set up their own businesses, this will also improve the sustainability of the local community as a whole.”
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
Peter and Sheila Bell set up their business, Marshland Trailers in Wisbech, with help from NWES. They have encouraged those looking to do the same to make the most of Dragons’ Den.
Sheila said: “It was great to get help from NWES right from the start. We knew we had the business idea but we’ve never worked for ourselves before so NWES provided support and guidance to get us going.
“The Dragons’ Den sounds a fantastic opportunity and with the offer of free cash to help get started, there isn’t any reason not to apply!”
Applicants must be over 18 and live in the Fenland District Council area.
To download an application pack, visit www.nwes.org.uk/advicedragons-den.aspx or call 0845 6099 991. The deadline for applications is May 31.