We are the ‘Real Deal’ in March
- Credit: Archant
Another market has signed up to be part of the ‘Real Deal’; an initiative to keep consumers safe and offering genuine, reliable goods.
Fenland District Council - organisers of the local market, are the latest to sign up to the ‘Real Deal’ national charter confirming their commitment to safe and fair trading.
They have worked with Trading Standards Officers at Cambridgeshire County Council’s Supporting Businesses and Communities to pledge to continue to ensure that fake goods and other illicit items are not sold on their markets.
A launch event was held on March market today (Wednesday).
Cambridgeshire County Councillor Roger Hickford, Chairman of the Highways and Community Infrastructure Committee said: “Markets bring many economic and social benefits to our local communities. They provide bargains for shoppers, lively attractions for families and visitors, and an environment for legitimate, local businesses to trade successfully. We’re proud that another market operator within our county has declared their commitment to being free of fake and unsafe goods by signing up to the Real Deal campaign.”
Officers are continuing to look for more markets across the county to sign the charter and expect that the easy-to-recognise Real Deal brand will see consumers choosing to shop where they know they can do so with confidence and shunning those that won’t commit to the Real Deal standards.
For more information about Real Deal markets see www.realdealmarkets.co.uk
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday