Whiting & Partners - one of the most respected names in Fenland’s business circles
WHITING & Partners is one of the most familiar and respected names in business circles across Fenland.
Established in 1928 by a Fenlander, Walter Whiting, to meet the demands of the area’s farming community, the firm remains rooted in East Anglia but its activities – accounting and business advice – have extended the length and breadth of the UK and overseas.
Agricultural clients still constitute a third of the independent firm’s client base. However, just as commercial activities have developed and expanded over time then Whiting & Partners have added to their portfolio, food processing and packaging industries, together with allied support and distribution, light engineering and technology-based enterprises.
The firm is a leader in the tax and financial affairs of the construction and fabrication sectors.
It also acts as accountants and advisers to a number of clubs, charities and a growing list of private tax clients, dealing with income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenland offices of Whiting & Partners are at the Old School House in March and on Wisbech’s historic Crescent.
Four partners, Andrew Band and Mark Haydon in March with Chris Morton and Richard Meadows in Wisbech, head up a combined team of nearly 30 staff, many of whom are qualified accountants or technicians.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 5 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
Whiting & Partners is genuinely ‘partner-led’, a unique selling point, says Mr Haydon. He added: “Our first exploratory conversation with a new client is free. From then on, the client relationship will be with one of the partners.
“We believe in getting to know our clients from the beginning, helping them to expand successfully.”
The firm continues to sponsor the annual Fenland Enterprise Business Awards, run by this newspaper.
Chris Morton, who specialises in business restructuring and finance-raising says Whiting & Partners is committed to helping business survive and prosper in the present challenging economic climate.
He said: “Our investment in the best people and technology enables us to deal with virtually every aspect of business, regardless of size or sector, at competitive fee levels.”
Whiting & Partners now has 16 partners with 130 staff at eight locations across East Anglia.