Wisbech accountants Moore Thompson launch new charitable fund at World Cup barbecue
- Credit: Archant
A charity fund for worthy causes has been launched by a Wisbech based chartered accountants.
Moore Thompson launched The Moore Thompson Charitable Fund CIO at a World Cup barbecue event at Spalding Rugby Club, which raised £500 for the fund.
Louise Hildred, a trustee of the charity, said: “The aim of the fund is to formalise the firm’s charitable giving into one entity, with the cash raised being donated to a number of deserving causes as decided by the Fund’s board of trustees.
“Over the course of the year the Fund will organise numerous fundraising events and fun activities, while also supporting individual staff members personally raising money for charities or organisations close to their hearts.
“Partners at the firm have donated an initial £1,000 to the fund in the first year, while we were delighted with the response of local businesses in helping to raise a further £500 at the World Cup barbecue.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that with the support of the local community, local business and our staff members we can build on this initial fundraising figure in order to donate to charitable causes across the region and nationally.”
For more information on the Moore Thompson Fund visit www.moorethompson.co.uk
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 10 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?