Wisbech accountants Moore Thompson launch new charitable fund at World Cup barbecue
- Credit: Archant
A charity fund for worthy causes has been launched by a Wisbech based chartered accountants.
Moore Thompson launched The Moore Thompson Charitable Fund CIO at a World Cup barbecue event at Spalding Rugby Club, which raised £500 for the fund.
Louise Hildred, a trustee of the charity, said: “The aim of the fund is to formalise the firm’s charitable giving into one entity, with the cash raised being donated to a number of deserving causes as decided by the Fund’s board of trustees.
“Over the course of the year the Fund will organise numerous fundraising events and fun activities, while also supporting individual staff members personally raising money for charities or organisations close to their hearts.
“Partners at the firm have donated an initial £1,000 to the fund in the first year, while we were delighted with the response of local businesses in helping to raise a further £500 at the World Cup barbecue.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that with the support of the local community, local business and our staff members we can build on this initial fundraising figure in order to donate to charitable causes across the region and nationally.”
For more information on the Moore Thompson Fund visit www.moorethompson.co.uk
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’